Who owns David Gilmour's 'Remember That Night'? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 AM

Default Who owns David Gilmour's 'Remember That Night'?

Hey all... I was wondering how many people here own this particular concert on blu-ray, and their thoughts on it. I've noticed the lack of a review for it on this site, and I wanted to know others impressions (audio, video, etc.) bbblu
Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreepygreenlight View Post
Hey all... I was wondering how many people here own this particular concert on blu-ray, and their thoughts on it. I've noticed the lack of a review for it on this site, and I wanted to know others impressions (audio, video, etc.) bbblu
I have it. The video is great on close-ups but not-so-good on distant stage shots. The audio alone is worth the purchase though. Both the surround and stereo mixes are excellent, and actually each one gives you a unique listening experience. The bonus features are plentiful as well. I think it' s a must buy and the best music BD so far, but that's only my opinion.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreepygreenlight View Post
I picked this up after seeing it playing in a Future Shop demo.It was on a Samsung LCD and looked terrible, but the audio was great.I decided to pick it up as it was on sale and I wanted to see the differance on how it would look on my pioneer Elite,just to see if my system would clean it up very much.It did.It looks and sounds great.I am not the number one fan of Pink Floyd or David Gilmour as I have never been a fan of 10 minute intros but I really was impressed.It is great to see such craftsman who have been around for decades just getting better with age.So bottom line ,I think that depending on your system the video may have some crush and grain but it really is an exceptional retrospective of David Gilmours work including his entire latest release"On An Island" played live.Excellant!!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:07 AM

The video is not amazing but the audio is top-notch if you have a receiver capable of lossless audio. The climax of Echoes still blows my socks off.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:18 AM

Thumbs up

If you like the music, then it's a definate buy.The audio on this disc is amazing and the video does nothing to hurt the experience.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:10 PM

Thanks for your input fellas I consider myself to be a bit of an audio connoisseur, so I think based on your answers I may just have to check this out. I guess in the worst case scenario, it turns out to be like my AC/DC Live in Donnington... DVD quality picture, but a rocking soundtrack!

By all means, keep the reader reviews coming!!