JFK Coming To Blu-ray November 11th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Default JFK Coming To Blu-ray November 11th

It will be released with digibook packaging, no Ultimate Collector's Edition like the DVD.

Extras included in the Blu-ray version:
Commentary by Director Oliver Stone
Beyond JFK: The Question of Conspiracy
Multimedia Essays
Assassination Update The New Documents
Meet Mr. X: The Personality and Thoughts of Fletcher Prouty
Deleted/extended scenes with commentary by director Oliver Stone (production audio only)
Theatrical Trailer

34.99 SRP.

Oh and it seems a documentary that is included in the Collector's edition is not included with the Blu-ray version.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:00 AM

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...2&postcount=77 ?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Weird I searched and that didn't come up haha. Well whatever works, it probably deserves it's own thread anyway.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:37 AM

I'll be picking this up...but isn't that the UK release date?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:52 PM

I love this film!!! Must buy for sure

Back and to the left
Back and to the left
Back and to the left
Back and to the left
Old 07-22-2008, 04:23 PM

Instant buy any thing with Kevin Costner in it. Even *shudder* 3000 Miles To Graceland.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 PM

Yep, too bad there the additional disc with the documentary The Kennedys is not being included with the Blu-ray release, just the SD. Looks like just a BD upgrade of the last two-disc SE that came out with the addition of a few pages of text/pictures in the digibook. Still an immediate buy though.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:41 AM

Why do we get shafted on special gift sets? A few weeks ago it was shown that the How the West Was Won DVD box set will have photocards, pressbook, free poster offer, souvenir program repro, etc., while the Blu edition will be just a digibook. Now, JFK. All the goodies shown in the collector's DVD set, we're not getting. We get another digibook. I don't mind those little books but I want all the other extras, too!!! I don't mind paying a few dollars more, okay???
Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskiessmingatme View Post
Why do we get shafted on special gift sets? A few weeks ago it was shown that the How the West Was Won DVD box set will have photocards, pressbook, free poster offer, souvenir program repro, etc., while the Blu edition will be just a digibook. Now, JFK. All the goodies shown in the collector's DVD set, we're not getting. We get another digibook. I don't mind those little books but I want all the other extras, too!!! I don't mind paying a few dollars more, okay???
I totally agree with you on these two films. I might add I was hoping for the Director's Cut of JFK but it seems as though WB is saving that for a triple dip.

It's just sickening how more and more greedy these studios have become.

This would have been an immediate buy for me (along with HTWWW) but I think I'm gonna pass on both. Although I'm sure many here will buy this second-rate release and praise the studio for selling them their scraps instead of the full-blown edition that true blu-ray fans will only accept.

I'm gonna get the STANDARD DEF versions of JFK and HTWWW and only buy blu discs that give you all the extras available on the sd def counterpart.

I can see this blew format's demise coming soon and the fault will have been the studios who have failed time and time again to release quality and quantity on the BD releases. How many times can they think they can cheat consumers without paying dearing for doing so???
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM

Warner, don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.