Why will one Region B work and another won't??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-18-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Why will one Region B work and another won't???

I recently imported three movies from Amazon.uk (starship troopers, emily rose, and the crow). I'm pretty sure I looked up if they would work before I did, but when I got them, I popped in the Crow and my PS3 wouldn't play it. It looked like it tried, then went back to the main screen. I looked and it said Region B, and immediately thought I'd misread something online about it working in Region A machines (in Canada here). To my dismay, I also saw Region B on Emily Rose, so I thought that that one wouldn't work either; however, when I put that one in, it worked just fine.

So...... why would one Region B work and another not? Is it the machine or the disc? And is there anything I can do to get the Crow to work??

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Ah, that's why I thought it would play in my machine: Amazon itself says "all regions". I know, I shouldn't have trusted Amazon (I think I recall reading something about their shoddy work in that area).

But why do the cases both say Region B, and one work and the other not?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:06 PM

I'm not sure, as far as I know the PS3 doesn't play region 2! As far as The Crow-notify Amazon for a refund on the movie!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

One's really region coded and one isn't. Many U.S. titles say region A but it's actually region free.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:55 AM

Use a site such as this to find out which titles are really region coded and which are not.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:14 AM

And you might as well get a refund for The Crow because apparently it looks like shit.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarez View Post
And you might as well get a refund for The Crow because apparently it looks like shit.
Well see, cause here's the thing...it dosen't look like shit. It's most certainly in 1080i, but looks better than any of the crap DVD releases with proper detail and some nice grain structure. Grain, which the DVD smeared and turned into a shit sandwich on rye . I actually own the disc, instead of parroting what someone else said on this here internet thing.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:12 PM

Yes, http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b indicates that the UK edition of The Crow is region-locked. You'll want to bookmark that page.