24 Season 1? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Default 24 Season 1?

I read a while ago that 24 season one was coming to Blu-ray in the first half of this year. Well, there's only a couple more months left until the first half is over, so I'm wondering if there has been any new news on 24? I love this show and I've seen season 1, but I never saw it in HD when it was airing, so I'd really like this soon, and hopefully soon followed by seasons 2-6 as well.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 PM

Fox seems to have postponed all of their catalog titles, and is only releasing day-and-date titles now, so I wouldn't count on it. Hopefully season 6 will be released on BD this year, day-and-date with the SD DVD.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:15 AM

Oh yeah I didn't think about that. What is going on with fox? I thought they were big Blu-ray supporters then suddenly they postpone almost everything? That's messed up. I don't care much about season 6 because I've been watching seasons 5 and 6 in HD on fox (although Fox IS only 720p, not 1080p, so there's a little difference there, and of course better compression.)
Old 04-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Oh yeah I didn't think about that. What is going on with fox? I thought they were big Blu-ray supporters then suddenly they postpone almost everything? That's messed up. I don't care much about season 6 because I've been watching seasons 5 and 6 in HD on fox (although Fox IS only 720p, not 1080p, so there's a little difference there, and of course better compression.)
Fox will (and better) get back to it soon. There's a lot of titles people want and I don't think they will stay out of the game too long. Although, if they are waiting for BD+ it might be the winter before we see them again (hope not), hopefully with a smaller price tag.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:04 PM

Fox was super expencive with their early Standard DVD releases so I wouldn't expect them to be any different with Blu-ray. Infact Fox will probley have the hightest price disks on the market when they start producing them again.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBuff22 View Post
Fox was super expencive with their early Standard DVD releases so I wouldn't expect them to be any different with Blu-ray. Infact Fox will probley have the hightest price disks on the market when they start producing them again.
well I wouldnt say higher, their not going to get more expensive then what they are right now. They will keep their same price stratigy though.