Disappointed With Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 AM

Default Disappointed With Amazon

So much for Amazon's pre-order price gaurantee. I ordered The Ruins a while back but it was out of stock. The price at the time was $27.95. I later found out that Best Buy had on sale for $22.99. When I went to cancel my order I found out that Amazon reduced the price to $22.95 but shipped my order yesterday prior to their price reduction. I'm disappointed I bet that I wasn't the only one who got screwed. I bet that Amazon made a conscious business decision to process all their back orders prior to reducing their price.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:16 AM

I highly doubt it was on purpose. I sometimes get an e-mail from them a couple days later saying I got the reduced price, so maybe wait a bit and see what happens.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdanno View Post
So much for Amazon's pre-order price gaurantee. I ordered The Ruins a while back but it was out of stock. The price at the time was $27.95. I later found out that Best Buy had on sale for $22.99. When I went to cancel my order I found out that Amazon reduced the price to $22.95 but shipped my order yesterday prior to their price reduction. I'm disappointed I bet that I wasn't the only one who got screwed. I bet that Amazon made a conscious business decision to process all their back orders prior to reducing their price.
You can email or call them and they will give you the difference
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...8510&jsEnabled=

Watch Ruvics thread, you can save a lot of money with the post-order guarantee also. the price drops before 30days of shipping you can get the difference.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:23 AM

I hope your right but I also find it kind of fishy that as of Sunday there were no used copies of The Ruins available. But right after the Monday price reduction I now see 17 copies available. I think they were deliberately with holding the used copies in the hopes that more people would order with the $27.95 price tag.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:42 AM

Amazon has the BEST price guarantee available. I've never encountered a problem, and it's fast and easy!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:48 AM

OP, you seem pretty new to Amazon. All you have to do is e-mail them and they will credit you with the difference.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I hope your right but I also find it kind of fishy that as of Sunday there were no used copies of The Ruins available. But right after the Monday price reduction I now see 17 copies available. I think they were deliberately with holding the used copies in the hopes that more people would order with the $27.95 price tag.
dmarvin is right. Here is the message from Amazon's site.

Post-Order Price Guarantee
Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us within that 30-day period. Please click the Contact Us button on the right side of this page, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.

Amazon is the best out there for there prices overall and making sure they take care of there customers.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:17 AM

As previously stated, email them, and they will credit your account.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Former Member

Quote:
no offense, but amazon isn't the one selling the used ones, those are 3rd party, people like you and me, who bought the movie and want to get rid of it, and use amazon instead of ebay. amazon doesn't "hold back" items for 3rd party sale, they just do not allow it until the item hits it's release date. so....i'm now following, per se.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Amazon has some of the best customer service. I get refunds from lowered prices all the time. I just click the button for them to call me. i enter my phone number, and in a few seconds my phone rings and in a few more seconds I'm talking to someone. And within a few minutes my refund is showing up online in my order history. It's very simple and I've never had any problems getting my refund. I've even had them give me a refund a few times after the 30 day period.
You don't have to worry when you make your purchases from Amazon. And I purchase 200 to 300 items from them every year. No problems.