Warner Planning Lower Priced Blu-ray Offerings for Retailers - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-13-2008, 09:25 PM

Default Warner Planning Lower Priced Blu-ray Offerings for Retailers

According to Video Business, Warner Home Video will begin offering retailers multi-tier discounts on select Blu-ray catalog titles beginning in September.

http://www.videobusiness.com/index.a...leid=CA6577564
Old 07-13-2008, 09:32 PM

Hopefully they don't do away with the monthly codes I'm holding off on all Warner titles until the price drop happens
Old 07-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Good, they shouldn't be charging full price for specs that deserve half the sale.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:08 AM

Can we tell fox

Seriously as much as I like Romance in the Stone and Jewel in the Nile $40 list price... its a joke even at Amazons discount $28 its still a joke

Hey at least LA Confidential is coming out at a reasonable price $20 Amazons price
Old 07-14-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Good, they shouldn't be charging full price for specs that deserve half the sale.
Agree in terms of Audio where they are not going full HD Uncompressed, at least Universal are starting over the right way!

I think long term they will double dip the ones that haven't had full HD sound..... which does suck, but how many times were DVD's released and re released too many! Sorry state of affairs !-(
Old 07-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalodger View Post
Can we tell fox

Seriously as much as I like Romance in the Stone and Jewel in the Nile $40 list price... its a joke even at Amazons discount $28 its still a joke

Hey at least LA Confidential is coming out at a reasonable price $20 Amazons price
I think a lot of people will agree with you. You'll see those prices drop quickly is they don't move, and I'm certainly not paying $30 for Romance in the Stone when I own it on DVD.

They need to give people incentive to upgrade.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM

I am so happy about Warner's new pricing. It will spur alot of sales and help Blu-Ray get more consumers.

My real hope is that Warner's discounting of catalog titles will show Fox, MGM, Disney, Sony, Universal and Paramount that lower pricing is good.

the days of $35 or $40 for an old title which is available for $7.88 at Target needs to be blown away.

Studios are finally getting a clue.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 AM

My question is what will the final price boil down to? If it's only a few dollars off, big deal, Amazon can still beat that.

However, I am hopeful that we will see a real discount in stores and that the other studios will start to follow.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 AM

like I said in the other thread.(sorry gamerguy)
they should make it 16 for catalogs and 20 for new releases.
That would go easy on ym wallet.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:13 PM

No surprise that Warner is dropping prices. They have always led the way in sell-through pricing.

Warner is obviously looking to capture the lion's share of retail BR title purchasing... as this cut will lead to the lowest pricing on the shelves (and most likely the best sales for that person picking up a couple of titles to go along with their new BR player this holiday season).

I'm glad I waited to buy anything new from Warner... it will pay off with $10 pricing sooner or later on a bunch of these titles. I'd really like to get the digibook editions at a great price. Still hoping for some great pricing on these titles during Q4. My Q4 is going to hurt my credit card... I can see it now.

-comix