Am I the only one troubled by how the RAMBO'S are organized? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-30-2008, 10:29 PM

Default Am I the only one troubled by how the RAMBO'S are organized?

Hey, haha...I could no longer control my compulsion with how the Rambo movies are organized on my shelf, so I came to seek guidance and comfort from you!

Currently, I have the movies organized in this order (chronologically): FIRST BLOOD, RAMBO 2, RAMBO 3, RAMBO (2008)...and it bothers me everytime I have to look at my collection because the order is technically wrong...

Techincally, First blood should be away and with the rest of the F's, then RAMBO (2008), then RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART 2, and then RAMBO 3...

This is different from the Pirates trilogy (1: curse, 2: dead, 3: AT) because at least they all start off with PIRATES and are numbered on the spine of the blu-ray case...

FIRST BLOOD has a totally different name from the rest of the Rambo movies...

Am I just being crazy???...I KNOW this would not be an issue if I had just purchased the box set, but I did the BUY 2 GET 1 free at circuit city a few weeks back to save a few bucks...

Does anybody else with the individual movies organize them in this matter??

THANKS FOR SUGGESTIONS AND YOUR TIME!

-LN, RN, BSN
Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Formerly metsfan1545d

request a custom cover in the custom blu ray cover thread that says Rambo first blood on the spine and their problem solved.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 PM

Custom covers could work, but I'd recommend some sort of therapy as a more long term solution.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan1545d View Post
request a custom cover in the custom blu ray cover thread that says Rambo first blood on the spine and their problem solved.
one reason i'd recommend against that: all the other rambo's are lionsgate shiny silver spines. a custom cover sure wouldn't be. that'd look worse.

i have hte same compulsion, though. analyze this/that. bugs me. i can't make up my mind on the order
Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 PM

The Rambos didnt do it to me but the Lara Croft : Tomb Raider did and Cronicles of Riddick and Pitch Black did.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 PM

I guess you should all be thankful they changed the title of Raiders of the Lost Ark to...Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Nonetheless, it does bug me slightly, but not enough to care. I just put them with their brethren.

I have many series with this problem. The Dead movies? Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Land of the Dead. I just deemed them...Dead movies.

Mad Max? Well, The Road Warrior presents a problem there too (well, not right now, since it's the only one I have in HD, but it was a DVD problem). But...I just organize them according to series.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 AM

this reminded me of a classic video of the angry videogame nerd about games and movie titles. (lots of cussing but 11 minutes of magic)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OEVzPCY2T-g
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrebel1013 View Post
this reminded me of a classic video of the angry videogame nerd about games and movie titles. (lots of cussing but 11 minutes of magic)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OEVzPCY2T-g
HAHAHA! That's Crazy...Call Rambo IV JOHN RAMBO since the latest Rocky was ROCKY BALBOA!!! Thanks for that....and I am glad to know I'm not the only one anal about the organization of his/her BLU-RAYs.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:58 PM

yeah, im the same as well. i bought the 2nd pirates movie used and it has no slip case.... drives me crazy!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:17 PM

First Blood is basically a complete different movie anyway... the other 3 are rambo killing everything that looks at him funny while going in to rescue someone

plus if you wanted to be specific First Blood should be with the Fs and First Blood Part 2 would be with First Blood then you'd have Rambo and Rambo III while wondering where the hell 2 went