'Tchiakovsky: Piano Concertos 1 & 3' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
PeterB

Default 'Tchiakovsky: Piano Concertos 1 & 3' -- pre-release buzz

Surround Records has announced a late-April arrival for its debut Blu-ray multichannel audio release, 'Tchiakovsky: Piano Concertos 1 & 3.'

Tchaikovsky s Piano Concerto No. 1, with its big tunes, winning melodies (some based on Ukrainian folk-songs) and brilliant orchestration, has become the most popular of all Russian concertos. The less familiar Piano Concerto No. 3 was originally a single movement which the pianist, Sergey Taneyev, turned into a three movement work by orchestrating Tchaikovsky s sketches for his unrealised Seventh Symphony, published in 1897 as the Andante and Finale, Op.79

The street date for the Blu-ray is June 24, and retail $29.95.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Surround Records has announced a late-April arrival for its debut Blu-ray multichannel audio release, 'Tchiakovsky: Piano Concertos 1 & 3.'

Tchaikovsky s Piano Concerto No. 1, with its big tunes, winning melodies (some based on Ukrainian folk-songs) and brilliant orchestration, has become the most popular of all Russian concertos. The less familiar Piano Concerto No. 3 was originally a single movement which the pianist, Sergey Taneyev, turned into a three movement work by orchestrating Tchaikovsky s sketches for his unrealised Seventh Symphony, published in 1897 as the Andante and Finale, Op.79

The street date for the Blu-ray is June 24, and retail $29.95.
I for one will be picking this one up. Hopefully releases like this will revive hi-res audio, and give those who care about audio quality an alternative to the crap that mp3 downloads are.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garak View Post
I for one will be picking this one up. Hopefully releases like this will revive hi-res audio, and give those who care about audio quality an alternative to the crap that mp3 downloads are.
Amen brother!

Does anyone think labels will take a gamble and release popular hi res music?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:54 PM

I was sold on high-res audio when I heard the PCM track on CASANOVA. Never have I heard classical music sound so beautiful in my home. The separation and clarity of each instrument was stunning.

So I hope releases like the one mentioned in this thread, as well as other genres of music, get the high-res treatment.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Balls View Post
Amen brother!

Does anyone think labels will take a gamble and release popular hi res music?
Hopefully, releases like this one will sell well. If they do, you can bet that music companies will take notice.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:26 PM

I'll be picking this up. During our dinners, my better half like to have music on and having it in hi-res audio is always a plus. She loves our Chris Botti and John Legend Blu-rays!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:34 AM

Anyone know what region this is going to be? I might get it later this year for my dad's birthday but since I live in the UK, my PS3 is region B.

I know Amazon says it's region A only but they've said that for other titles too, and they've been wrong.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:22 AM

Default No video

I finally got this from Amazon today after ordering it soon after this article was posted. I was disappointed that there is no video to accompany the audio, but it sounds great in DTS-HD MA and that's what this title is all about.