Kill Bill on Blu??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-28-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Kill Bill on Blu???

So I'm checking out a google alert that lists an article on Blu-Ray.com about how DVDPlay (dvd rental kiosks) are going to start carrying blu-rays for $1.49 starting June 10th...

Blu-Ray.com article

Then I take a closer look at the accompanying image of a stack of blu rays, and sure enough, Kill Bill Vol. 1 is sitting right there, plain as day!

I wondered if this was an import that I didn't know about, so I checked out amazon.co.uk and they currently have both Kill Bill movies available for pre-order for a September 15th release date:

Amazon.co.uk Kill Bill Pre-Order

Either the blu shown in the picture for the article is just a display case, or there's something I don't know.

Any word on its release stateside?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM

That picture has been used pretty much since inception.

Unfortunately, there has been no announcement for Kill Bill on Blu-ray.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:51 PM

It also shows Pulp Fiction and a release date of September 3rd. It would be great to have Quentin's movies on . It would be even better if they released The Whole Bloody Affair so we don't have to double dip, which we probably will.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 PM

Interesting as the Kill Bills at one time had a November release date. I've imported all 3 from Amazon UK. Can't wait!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie View Post
It also shows Pulp Fiction and a release date of September 3rd. It would be great to have Quentin's movies on . It would be even better if they released The Whole Bloody Affair so we don't have to double dip, which we probably will.
agreed... If I can get The Whole Bloody Affair and Pulp Fiction, I'd be an extremely happy camper. Jackie Brown was good, not good enough for me to really need it on blu though.

Then, if I could just get the PTA films released on blu-ray like Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love, Hard Eight... you'd never hear me complain again
Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp161 View Post
agreed... If I can get The Whole Bloody Affair and Pulp Fiction, I'd be an extremely happy camper. Jackie Brown was good, not good enough for me to really need it on blu though.

Then, if I could just get the PTA films released on blu-ray like Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love, Hard Eight... you'd never hear me complain again
Punch Drunk Love is just begging for a high def release. I watched the SD again recently and while it looks pretty good, I wanted to see all those blues and reds really pop.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooLounge View Post
Punch Drunk Love is just begging for a high def release. I watched the SD again recently and while it looks pretty good, I wanted to see all those blues and reds really pop.
Not to get off topic, but I definitely agree. The watching experience would really benefit from a hi-def transfer for the darker morning scenes as well...