Kill Bill on Blu??? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 253
Default Kill Bill on Blu???

So I'm checking out a google alert that lists an article on Blu-Ray.com about how DVDPlay (dvd rental kiosks) are going to start carrying blu-rays for $1.49 starting June 10th...

Blu-Ray.com article

Then I take a closer look at the accompanying image of a stack of blu rays, and sure enough, Kill Bill Vol. 1 is sitting right there, plain as day!

I wondered if this was an import that I didn't know about, so I checked out amazon.co.uk and they currently have both Kill Bill movies available for pre-order for a September 15th release date:

Amazon.co.uk Kill Bill Pre-Order

Either the blu shown in the picture for the article is just a display case, or there's something I don't know.

Any word on its release stateside?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM
TheRescue's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,409
Default

That picture has been used pretty much since inception.

Unfortunately, there has been no announcement for Kill Bill on Blu-ray.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-28-2008, 12:51 PM
brodie's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33
Default

It also shows Pulp Fiction and a release date of September 3rd. It would be great to have Quentin's movies on . It would be even better if they released The Whole Bloody Affair so we don't have to double dip, which we probably will.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
DCSholtis's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,352
Default

Interesting as the Kill Bills at one time had a November release date. I've imported all 3 from Amazon UK. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie View Post
It also shows Pulp Fiction and a release date of September 3rd. It would be great to have Quentin's movies on . It would be even better if they released The Whole Bloody Affair so we don't have to double dip, which we probably will.
agreed... If I can get The Whole Bloody Affair and Pulp Fiction, I'd be an extremely happy camper. Jackie Brown was good, not good enough for me to really need it on blu though.

Then, if I could just get the PTA films released on blu-ray like Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love, Hard Eight... you'd never hear me complain again
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 PM
BambooLounge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp161 View Post
agreed... If I can get The Whole Bloody Affair and Pulp Fiction, I'd be an extremely happy camper. Jackie Brown was good, not good enough for me to really need it on blu though.

Then, if I could just get the PTA films released on blu-ray like Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love, Hard Eight... you'd never hear me complain again
Punch Drunk Love is just begging for a high def release. I watched the SD again recently and while it looks pretty good, I wanted to see all those blues and reds really pop.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooLounge View Post
Punch Drunk Love is just begging for a high def release. I watched the SD again recently and while it looks pretty good, I wanted to see all those blues and reds really pop.
Not to get off topic, but I definitely agree. The watching experience would really benefit from a hi-def transfer for the darker morning scenes as well...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kill Bill, Volumes 1 & 2 [Blu-ray] $48.95 dat Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 18 06-29-2008 10:37 PM
Weinstein finally going blu = Kill Bill TWBA? horrorbusiness Blu-ray Software General Discussion 15 06-27-2008 05:23 PM
Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill coming on Blu-ray denti alligator Blu-ray Software General Discussion 10 03-03-2008 12:00 AM
Kill Bill Vol 1&2, and Pulp Fiction on Blu Ray? horrorbusiness Blu-ray Software General Discussion 5 12-04-2007 04:58 AM
"Kill Bill" Blu-Ray Coming To Blu-Ray in...... Arkadin Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 11-28-2007 01:38 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off