Rambo 2 and 3 Import HDDVD vs New BluRays? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 AM

Default Rambo 2 and 3 Import HDDVD vs New BluRays?

Hi, does anyone know if these are from the same masters or if the blu ray are better? I have the HD versions of 2 and 3 from Australia and I was wondering if the BR ones look any better? Thanks!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

Well either way the audio is better as the Blu-ray versions dont have the pitch problems the HD DVD's have.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:53 AM

Visually, I would say that the HD DVD and Blu-ray versions are on par with each other, by the looks of the reviews.

Audio wise, everything in the HD DVD versions sound wonderful, except in First Blood Pt.2. There is an audio pitch problem--which I have only noticed in this movie alone--that is hardly noticeable as it happens pretty quickly in the movie. But also, Rambo 1 on HD DVD has a 5.1 DTS-HD MA track and the Blu-ray version has a 6.1 DTS-HD HR track--although I believe the Blu-ray track would probably keep up with the HD DVD track.

The only difference I would say that the Blu-rays offer are the extremely limited extra features.

All-in-all, I'd say you could be happy with either version.