Rambo Freezes - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 AM

Default Rambo Freezes

so i have a 40gb ps3 and for the first time i own about 130 bluray movies and during the crank preview my rambo disk froze and ps3 sounded like it was trying to read it. i was able to skip that preview and when i went into the movie during the first 5 min the movie seem to speed up and then the movies froze like as if i was rewinding it or something.
what you all think
ps3? or Rambo disk?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:58 AM

This is exactly what happened with my 3:10 to yuma disc at the end of the main feature. Its just the disc either return and get another copy, but it could be a bad batch that your store got. Or you can rent it and swith the discs. My PS3 couldnt even read the disc and it would get an error when I put it in sometimes
Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Formerly metsfan1545d

exchange it at the store u purchased it at its probably a bad disc
Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 AM

that happens sometimes with my HD-A30. It mite freeze at some scenes. All I do is fast forward 10 seconds and it never bothers me again.
Most of the ones that do that are Blockbuster rentals, so that could be it.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
that happens sometimes with my HD-A30. It mite freeze at some scenes. All I do is fast forward 10 seconds and it never bothers me again.
Most of the ones that do that are Blockbuster rentals, so that could be it.
Ugh, don't get me started with HD DVD players and freezes...

I haven't experienced any problems with my 80 GB PS3 and Rambo.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:29 AM

yeah thanks for the reply guys. its problably the disc like you said cuz i watch 3 movies last night reign of fire, 3:10 to yuma and Narnia and not one issue so ill be returning the disc.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:37 AM

so i watched the replacment i got from returning the old disk to best buy and guess what it. started to do it again but this time only through the previews i decided to watch the whole movie.. not one problem. though i did notice at the end of the film when they are getting the people out at night there seems to be a really bad red tint around the actors when they are running around fast and moving. other than that movie was good. But yeah it did not mess up during movie only during previews.

NOTE also i did notice the minute i pushed play to start the disk got a error back saying cannot read disk i them pushed O to back out and clicked play again and the movie played...wierd

i hope its not my ps3 Craping out on me?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 AM

Yeah, that sucks. I watched Rambo last night on my 40GB PS3 and, luckily, had no issues. Good luck to ya, though.

CC
Old 05-29-2008, 12:26 PM

i assume you're running the latest firmware?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neggie View Post
so i watched the replacment i got from returning the old disk to best buy and guess what it. started to do it again but this time only through the previews i decided to watch the whole movie.. not one problem. though i did notice at the end of the film when they are getting the people out at night there seems to be a really bad red tint around the actors when they are running around fast and moving. other than that movie was good. But yeah it did not mess up during movie only during previews.

NOTE also i did notice the minute i pushed play to start the disk got a error back saying cannot read disk i them pushed O to back out and clicked play again and the movie played...wierd

i hope its not my ps3 Craping out on me?
Yeah, that is the exact same thing that happened too me with my 3:10 to yuma disc. My PS3 wont even read it when I put it in sometimes. Its probally just a bad batch like I said. The only other alternative is to rent it and switch it.