Poor PQ Sweeney Todd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2008, 05:13 PM

Default Poor PQ Sweeney Todd

Hi all 1st post hopefully of many, does anyone else own sweeney todd? how do you find the PQ? 95% of the time the picture is stunning but the other 5% it appears poor looks like criss cross checks on the screen its mainly on the dark bits but is very off putting and ruins the picture i can try and explain better but hopefully someone will know what im going on about.

Im watching it on a PS3 fully updated Sony 40v3000 HDMI lead is a generic middle of the road one.

I have not noticed this on any of my other Blu Ray films

If anyone can let me no what this is or whether i have faulty disc etc i would be grateful thanks!!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM

Which release are you watching? I have the UK Steelbook and have not run into these problems.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM

steel tin version, its a really strange problem certain scenes always the same scene the picture looks like it has a i guess a flashing net over it!?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:50 PM

Nope, I also have the UK Steelbook version and have watched it on my 60GB PS3, and it is pristine looking. Definitely has some of the best darks of any Blu-ray I own. I showed my friends, actually, because I thought it looked so good. It sounds great as well.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:04 PM

The picture was damn near flawless for me. One of the best high-def transfers I've ever seen.

I'd say the fault lies with your TV.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:27 AM

im stumped then cant believe its the tv as every other film is pristine not seen anything like it before i will try and take some pictures to see if anyone has come across before, could it be a setting on the ps3 or tv that is causing this?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
im stumped then cant believe its the tv as every other film is pristine not seen anything like it before i will try and take some pictures to see if anyone has come across before, could it be a setting on the ps3 or tv that is causing this?
If it's always on the same scenes, no I don't think so. I guess the problem comes from your Blu-ray.