Poor PQ Sweeney Todd - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Default Poor PQ Sweeney Todd

Hi all 1st post hopefully of many, does anyone else own sweeney todd? how do you find the PQ? 95% of the time the picture is stunning but the other 5% it appears poor looks like criss cross checks on the screen its mainly on the dark bits but is very off putting and ruins the picture i can try and explain better but hopefully someone will know what im going on about.

Im watching it on a PS3 fully updated Sony 40v3000 HDMI lead is a generic middle of the road one.

I have not noticed this on any of my other Blu Ray films

If anyone can let me no what this is or whether i have faulty disc etc i would be grateful thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
DoubleJ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,081
Default

Which release are you watching? I have the UK Steelbook and have not run into these problems.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Default

steel tin version, its a really strange problem certain scenes always the same scene the picture looks like it has a i guess a flashing net over it!?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Gators300's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 219
Default

Nope, I also have the UK Steelbook version and have watched it on my 60GB PS3, and it is pristine looking. Definitely has some of the best darks of any Blu-ray I own. I showed my friends, actually, because I thought it looked so good. It sounds great as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Kotatsu Neko's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,001
Default

The picture was damn near flawless for me. One of the best high-def transfers I've ever seen.

I'd say the fault lies with your TV.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Default

im stumped then cant believe its the tv as every other film is pristine not seen anything like it before i will try and take some pictures to see if anyone has come across before, could it be a setting on the ps3 or tv that is causing this?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 AM
New_Caprica350's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
im stumped then cant believe its the tv as every other film is pristine not seen anything like it before i will try and take some pictures to see if anyone has come across before, could it be a setting on the ps3 or tv that is causing this?
If it's always on the same scenes, no I don't think so. I guess the problem comes from your Blu-ray.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" Blu-ray from Warner on May 19? zombieflanders Blu-ray Imports Subforum 23 04-04-2008 05:07 AM
Sweeney Todd Tofu Blu-ray Imports Subforum 5 02-02-2008 03:00 AM
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) nelll Film Forum 18 01-18-2008 01:35 PM
will sweeney todd be on HD? brandoshido HD DVD Software General Discussion 2 11-30-2007 12:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off