SAVE PEOPLE MONEY! Movies you've seen that are on Blu Ray to avoid like the plague! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-23-2008, 10:55 PM

Default SAVE PEOPLE MONEY! Movies you've seen that are on Blu Ray to avoid like the plague!

As stated in the title, here is a place to voice opinions on which movies people should NEVER buy on Blu Ray due to the general crap quality of the disc, or ( more importantly I think) the general crap quality of the movie itself. Please only state your opinion about a movie if it #1 ) Has already / is announced to come out on Blu Ray. #2 ) You have actually seen the movie and / or the Blu Ray disc itself. Of course this is all IMO.

My ones to avoid....One Missed Call (total garbage crap movie), The Fountain (crap movie), Commando (not worth the price by any means).
Old 05-23-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmil978 View Post
As stated in the title, here is a place to voice opinions on which movies people should NEVER buy on Blu Ray due to the general crap quality of the disc, or ( more importantly I think) the general crap quality of the movie itself. Please only state your opinion about a movie if it #1 ) Has already / is announced to come out on Blu Ray. #2 ) You have actually seen the movie and / or the Blu Ray disc itself. Of course this is all IMO.

My ones to avoid....One Missed Call (total garbage crap movie), The Fountain (crap movie), Commando (not worth the price by any means).
It's one thing to warn people about the crappiness of the PQ, but you can't really warn someone of the "crap quality" of the movie. Everyone has different tastes in movies. What may be crap quality to one person, another person may enjoy.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:07 PM

Isn't this what the reviews are for?

Besides eveyone has different tasts in movies. Many many many MANY people like 'Predator' me I thought it was garbage. Many people HATE 'Epic Movie' but I like it, although it's still far from great.

I would tell people to pass on 'Predator' and go with 'Epic Movie' without thinking twice.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:23 AM

if a person like the film enough there gonna get it on BD no matter how the PQ or AQ is
Old 05-24-2008, 12:41 AM

Bad movies on Blu-Ray

V for Vendetta - a far left propraganda peice that is really nothing but a hate fest against Christian Conservatives

Shooter - A movie that teaches us to murder right wing politicians. But don't question there patriotism

Little Man - A so called comedy with a single laugh and a plot that is so non-sensical even in a comedy I couldn't take it.

Signs - They defeat the evil aliens with what? What if it rained. As Scary Movie 3 put it "they mastered space travel but they can't get through a wooden door"

The Benchwarmers - As many laughs as Schindlers List

Golden Compass - I will quote the author of the book this abomination is based on "My books are about killing God" in a sane world I shouldn't have to say more

Meet the Spartians - Never actually seen it but knowing the "talent" involved it doesn't take a stretch to know this will suck
Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post

The Benchwarmers - As many laughs as Schindlers List
LMAO. That made my day.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
Bad movies on Blu-Ray

V for Vendetta - a far left propraganda peice that is really nothing but a hate fest against Christian Conservatives

Signs - They defeat the evil aliens with what? What if it rained. As Scary Movie 3 put it "they mastered space travel but they can't get through a wooden door"
First Signs:
I agree with everything except these two.
First Signs: The movie was a very good thriller/drama. Very engaging and the characters were easy to like. Although some would call it boring, like I said pretty engaging.

NEXT! V!! How can you call it a sucky movie. Movie was soo emotional it gave me chills. BLIND BUY IT!
Old 05-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Banned

Default a couple waste of timers

alvin and the chipmunks..great video ..awful movie

predator..great movie..awful video quality

national treasure 2..great audio video..awful movie

Last edited by gene9p; 05-24-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: /
Old 05-24-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
First Signs:
I agree with everything except these two.
First Signs: The movie was a very good thriller/drama. Very engaging and the characters were easy to like. Although some would call it boring, like I said pretty engaging.

NEXT! V!! How can you call it a sucky movie. Movie was soo emotional it gave me chills. BLIND BUY IT!
V for Vendetta couldn't have been more pro-terrorism if it had been made by Bin Laden itself. I myself am a Christian conservative and don't like the movies extremely obvious assurtion that we Christian Conservatives are facists. Hollywood wonders why they can't seem to make money while making movies that blatently insult half there audience.

This review pretty much sums up my thoughts of the movie pretty well Couldn't have said it better actually
Old 05-24-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post
alvin and the chipmunks..great video ..awful movie
for some odd reason I actually enjoyed the rental