Have You cancelled Your Membership For Online Rental? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2008, 01:00 PM

Default Have You cancelled Your Membership For Online Rental?

Just curious. It serviced my purpose for awhile but I have local video stores to get most of what I'd like to watch. The wait time to get the BD in my area wasn't good for online rental.

No need to respond if you still have a membership. TIA.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:04 PM

I did, but it was less to do with wait times and more to do with the selection. I've seen a bulk of the older movies I wanted to see when I joined, and the current HD selection is kind of meh (I still go to theaters a lot and don't rewatch movies too often).

I like my weird imports, which are sadly not the first titles to get transferred into high def. I'll probably restart in a few months, just the same.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Just curious. It serviced my purpose for awhile but I have local video stores to get most of what I'd like to watch. The wait time to get the BD in my area wasn't good for online rental.

No need to respond if you still have a membership. TIA.

Well, I'm perfectly happy with Netflix. I don't have to "have" the just-released title, BR or otherwise, the very same day it comes out.
I've found my Netflix subscription (3 movies at a time for under 19 dollars a month, is just great!!

And I think it is important to reply here as it shows that there is still a great deal of support for online disc rentals and I continue to do it.
By the way-- I do not use Netflix or anything else for "downloads" as I consider it idiotic to spend money for a lovely HD television set and HD-DVD & BR machines and then download films to a laptop!!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:08 PM

Why would I cancel Netflix? - it's cheap and it works. I haven't walked into a local vid store in years, and I don't miss the experience. I pay them less in a month than it costs for a single BD purchased.

My issue is with cable - I pay a buttload for HD channels and it's still hit or miss trying to find something decent to watch. Last night, I flipped between AI (looking beautiful but annoying as hell) and El Dorado (again, beautiful image, but commercials), but finally settled on dudes beating each other up in a cage.

So for me, more $ to Netflix, less to Comcast. (And yes I know I should go to DirecTV, but it's not an option.)
Old 05-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Watcher of stances

the BD availability on netflix has gone way up lately.

for a while there i had almost 30 DB's sitting on "long wait", but in the last 2 months so, they sent me every single one.

now it's back to the normal new release delays just like DVD.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:29 PM

im 22 and I don't have a drivers license. (Sad, huh?) so I can't drive to the store to rent a movie. So I have NetFlix.

I used to work for Blockbuster, but not no more.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:10 PM

I keep my netflix. I don't need movies "right away" since the ones I really want I buy anyway. And the delivery time is quick enough, it's never a problem.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:11 PM

I've been seriously considering getting a Netflix subscription. I've bought too many movies that I have no intention of re-watching for at least 2 years.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Formerly metsfan1545d

i had blockbuster online for a free trial but almost every non blu disc was scratched and wouldnt play without constant skipping and freezing so i cancelled before the trial was up