anyone got / seen rambo (2008) yet? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 AM

Default anyone got / seen rambo (2008) yet?

i know people often get titles early, movietyme & axel music say they have tested the disc to be region free, so the discs are out there.

i got an email this morning to say mine has been shipped.

just curious about the PQ mainly, if anyone has seen it i'd appreciate the feedback, or if anyone knows of an online review that would be good.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 AM

It is in the mail, it should arrive either today or tomorrow. I'll let you know my initial impressions. Not sure when my review of it will be posted over at www.DVDSnapshot.com The Rambo Trilogy set and Rambo (2008) blu-rays mark our first forray into the high def. world (only after a solid year of me badgering my editor of course)

EDIT: I have this sitting at home right now, I'll probably watch it later this evening.

Last edited by BambooLounge; 05-22-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM

If the trailer is any indication, it is going to be a great presentation. Plus, it's Lionsgate. They've been doing no wrong lately.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 AM

i thought it was by far the best rambo

haven't seen the blu-ray yet though
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM

Just finished watching it. The video quality was very strong, I'd say a solid 4 out of 5. The film's muted jungle color scheme and heavy use of night time sequences didn't exactly let it spread its high def wings, but the final battle sequence was simply stunning. I wouldn't be surprised to see this site give it a 4.5 rating. I have not watched the movie on SD, but it is easy to see all the night time sequences giving it a rough time. So, if given the choice I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up on BR.

Now, as for the movie...well, that is a whole other story. Now, it is on to First Blood 2 for me. As I get all the Rambo I can stand in one felt swoop.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:15 PM

im so excited for this movie, i absolutley loved it
Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooLounge View Post

Just finished watching it. The video quality was very strong, I'd say a solid 4 out of 5. The film's muted jungle color scheme and heavy use of night time sequences didn't exactly let it spread its high def wings, but the final battle sequence was simply stunning. I wouldn't be surprised to see this site give it a 4.5 rating. I have not watched the movie on SD, but it is easy to see all the night time sequences giving it a rough time. So, if given the choice I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up on BR.

Now, as for the movie...well, that is a whole other story. Now, it is on to First Blood 2 for me. As I get all the Rambo I can stand in one felt swoop.
lucky bastard, I cant wait to get it from Amazon along wit hthe Rambo boxset, going to be a Rambo weekend for me next week
Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 AM

Thanks Bamboo.
you know, at a certain time I realized that prices are gonna be cheap now so I can't pick up every 13 buck movie. So I canceled my Rambo trilogy and preorder this just cause I want this and was only buying the others cause there dirt cheap.
I finally watched the trailers for the other ones, and the only one that interested me is Part II. part one is too boring, part III looks stupid.
this looks like a solid medium on stupidity and a high on the awesome scale
Old 05-23-2008, 05:58 AM

thanks for posting that bamboo, i should hopefully be getting mine today, got the other 3 on hd dvd (or red-ray as my girlfriend calls it) so might have to do the marathon this weekend, haven't seen 3 in a while but i remember it being turd.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
Thanks Bamboo.
you know, at a certain time I realized that prices are gonna be cheap now so I can't pick up every 13 buck movie. So I canceled my Rambo trilogy and preorder this just cause I want this and was only buying the others cause there dirt cheap.
I finally watched the trailers for the other ones, and the only one that interested me is Part II. part one is too boring, part III looks stupid.
this looks like a solid medium on stupidity and a high on the awesome scale
First Blood is anything but boring.