When will we see the Indy series? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-21-2008, 07:05 PM

Default When will we see the Indy series?

Im a little curious as to when everyone thinks we mighty see the Indy series on . I mean it would be a great addition but all the excitement over the new movie, not to mention the re-release of all the originals on DVD has my mouth watering. I do not lie when I say I havent seen a indy movie since the days of VHS and am wondering if I should just say screw it and buy the Indy Adventure set from Amazon for 40 bones. The movies would look great upconverted on my PS3 and A2. But I would also hate to see some ultimate box set of all the movies, plus the new one be released on BR after Indy 4 makes it wasyto the small screen.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:38 PM

the movies dont look that great upconverted, my friend let me borrow his 2003 box set, i've seen some of the 1st and 2nd when i was a kid but really, really wanted to see them asap because of the kingdom of the crystal skull coming out friday. i watched raiders monday night, temple of doom last night, and i'm going to watch the last crusade tonight...

i'm sure that paramount will put them all out on blu-ray on a big box set like sony did with spider-man, we'll see.

it'd be cool to get something similar to the ultimate matrix collection, with 4 indy movies and like 2 or 3 special features discs.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 PM

i am in the exact same boat, i was originally going to wait because im assuming it will come out with Crystal Skull, but you never know, then i saw the 03 boxset on sale from amazon for $24 the other day and i couldn't pass it up, just in case. plus when the BDs do come out they will have the crappy new special features so i'm glad i was able to pick up the old set before it goes OOP
link
if you are worried about them not coming out then go ahead and pick it up

-note i feel so vindicated now, i put that deal up in the bargins thread incase some people were afraid it might not hit BD but someone locked it
Old 05-22-2008, 12:29 PM

Thanks foer the link Squall. Im going to just go ahead and pick it up anyways.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
the movies dont look that great upconverted, my friend let me borrow his 2003 box set
i thought raiders of the lost ark looked pretty damn good on my a20 hd dvd player and its the 2003 version as well
Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM

Does anyone know if there are any major differences between the boxed set that was released in 03 to the re-released copies that ive been seeing eveywhere.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbydriver View Post
Does anyone know if there are any major differences between the boxed set that was released in 03 to the re-released copies that ive been seeing eveywhere.
Bill Hunt over at The Digital Bits did a pretty good comparison...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...advboxdvd.html

Some different extras, and a little bit better video quality, actually...

Personally I'm going to wait for and see if they release them on Blu-Ray in conjunction with Indy 4.

Last edited by UnitLost; 05-22-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:11 PM

I'm really hoping we see these soon...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:48 PM

I bought the Indy 2003 DVDs the day they were released, and man was the pq impressive: on my old 27" tube tv.
On my 61" 1080p set, they look about as impressive as any good standard dvd does when you've gotten spoiled on high def: not very. If you don't own the movies yet, I would just wait to see if Blu-Rays will be released alongside Crystal Skull, which is definitely a possibility.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:03 PM

The Tuesday before the Thanksgiving holiday - 11/25/08. Single and deluxe double disc of the new movie, and box set of all four.