D-Box - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-16-2008, 09:40 PM

Default D-Box

Does anyone use or even care about this feature?

Does anyone even have the hardware installed?
Old 05-17-2008, 01:40 AM

I dont even know what D-Box is.... anyone want to explain?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:05 AM

It's a motion code system. It makes your chair move along with the action in the movie/game. Personally I'm not very interested for movies. There are some action movies that it might suit, especially ones with first person flight scenes, but for the vast majority of films I wouldn't even bother turning it on.

For video games, however, I think it's got some real potential. As sweet as Project Gotham 4 is with a racing wheel and seat, it could only get better with a D-box setup. Assuming of course that it actually works very well. I've never experienced a D-box system, so maybe it would completely suck.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:08 AM

btw: I posted a thread in "smackdown" that is a info/promo article about D-box for those that care to look it up.
and yeah HDD is really hurting when they have to make an article about the addition of D-box to a title.
It's ridiculously expensive.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:20 PM

The D-box system looks very expensive...it covers the luxury chair & system...whoa...anyone know the actual price? Currently, I'm using a bass shaker under my seat.

http://www.d-box.com/2008/product_movies.html
Old 05-18-2008, 09:31 AM

ehhh.... i saw something simular on tv called an "action couch" and it moved along with the action just like this thing... i duno when i saw it on tv it looked really cheesy, i duno if i like the idea of being shoved around during a movie.... just seems annoying, anyone ever tried using one of these things?
Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
ehhh.... i saw something simular on tv called an "action couch" and it moved along with the action just like this thing... i duno when i saw it on tv it looked really cheesy, i duno if i like the idea of being shoved around during a movie.... just seems annoying, anyone ever tried using one of these things?
That would be great with a girls gone wild disk!! LOL