'Motley Crue: Carnival of Sins' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-15-2008, 12:58 AM

Default 'Motley Crue: Carnival of Sins' - High-Def Digest Review

'Motley Crue: Carnival of Sins' presents the aging rockers in fine
form, or at least their usual decadent selves. Unfortunately, this
Blu-ray does not do such excess justice. The video and audio are
middling for a high-def release, though the extras are pretty good.
Give this one a rent, as it really doesn't offer much of an upgrade
over the standard DVD.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/motl...valofsins.html
Old 05-15-2008, 01:30 AM

No offense to MC fans, but how is BD audio supposed to take off with tittles like this?
Old 05-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post
No offense to MC fans, but how is BD audio supposed to take off with tittles like this?
all seven of them won't take offense.

i pity the reviewer not only having to sit through this, but having to analyze it and listen INTENTLY. man. that's like....borderline sadism
Old 05-15-2008, 02:43 AM

2000 minutes???
Old 05-15-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
2000 minutes???
Indeed.

Give it a rent. Heck, be prepared for late fees!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krammer View Post
Indeed.

Give it a rent. Heck, be prepared for late fees!!!!
With a 3* PQ rating it's not even worth renting... I can't imagine it would look any better than it did on HDNet...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:25 AM

Well being a big Crue fan I enjoyed sitting through it myself. It's too bad it isn't lossless audio but it still is pretty good.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
Well being a big Crue fan I enjoyed sitting through it myself. It's too bad it isn't lossless audio but it still is pretty good.
I have the SD version and one of the things that pissed me off about it was the ridiculously obtrusive graphics they had through out the program. Sometimes the graphics were slapped over performances blocking out wide shots of the stage. They seemed to be there to add effect, but the graphics obviously weren't there live, so why would the edited performance need it?

I enjoyed the DVD enough, but if there isn't any approvement the HDNet version, or SD for that matter, on either PQ or AQ (inexcusable for ANY musical performance regardless of what the viewer thinks of the artist), I'll pass even renting it.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Where did the reviewer get they split? They are about to release another album and according to their site and the new music video, they are all present.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
I have the SD version and one of the things that pissed me off about it was the ridiculously obtrusive graphics they had through out the program. Sometimes the graphics were slapped over performances blocking out wide shots of the stage. They seemed to be there to add effect, but the graphics obviously weren't there live, so why would the edited performance need it?
This is my main problem with this video. Those graphics were horrid. I'm not sure whose idea that was, but, I thought with Hamish Hamilton directing this video would rock. He did a great job on the U2 Concert videos, so I was expecting to be just as pleased with this one too.

The performances overall were pretty good though. Vince still needs more work, Tommy is still a douche bag. Nikki is the man, And God Bless Mick Mars!