I'd get these in a heartbeat - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2008, 01:53 PM

Default I'd get these in a heartbeat

Just release all these on Blu please

(from the digital bits)
Okay, we've heard back from Paramount. They tell me officially that the artwork posted on the 1080b website is fake (it looks like someone took the DVD covers and mocked up Blu-ray versions in Photoshop), which we already suspected. They also tell me that they currently have no information regarding the status of these titles being released on Blu-ray... which is something of a non-denial denial. So... where does that leave us?

After hearing back from some of our sources around the industry this afternoon, and now Paramount, what I think is this: It's possible, but not yet officially decided, that we could see these titles on Blu-ray this year. There are discussions, there's some work being done, but the trigger hasn't actually been pulled yet and official announcements have obviously not yet been made. Interestingly, a number of retailers have now e-mailed me to say they've heard the titles may be coming this year. So while there isn't fire yet, there's definitely smoke. If I had to lay odds, I think there's about a 70/30 chance of both the Godfather films and Indy IV coming to Blu-ray later this year, but the rest of the Indy films are still just 50/50. Again, cross your fingers, be patient and hopefully we'll hear more officially one way or the other soon. We will, of course, keep you updated.

Back tomorrow. Stay tuned...
Old 05-14-2008, 01:58 PM

I'm glad you clarified at the end...I had no clue what you were talking about.