Blockbuster stocking up Blu-rays - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 AM

Default Blockbuster stocking up Blu-rays

Something I noticed for the first time this past week at my local Blockbuster (metro Atlanta): They are finally stocking multiple copies of popular movies. I noticed up to 6 copies of Chronicles of Narnia, Juno, AVP, No Country for Old Men, etc. This is apparently not a corporate store, because they do not yet have a kiosk that plays Blu-ray movies, but they must be seeing increased rental activity.

Anybody else see the same thing?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 AM

Not here in Little Rock, only one or two of each of those, but the overall selection is getting much better. Things are improving slowly and Blockbuster is still important. People will notice this when renting DVD and inquire. Now we need to hope the Blockbuster employees all put a positive spin on it all.

Chris
Old 05-14-2008, 11:05 AM

My Blockbuster (State College, PA) has a kiosk and has been stocking multiple copies of new releases, which I've been happy with. No real progress on new catalog titles though; it seems like they have many of the blu-ray launch titles and alot of the Paramount releases, but absolutely no copies of current hi-def favorites like I, Robot and Blade Runner (luckily I own them ) I'm a total access customer, so I can still get the blus I want in the mail, but I'll get really excited when I walk in the store and see not only a large new release wall, but a large selection of catalog titles as well.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:57 AM

At least yalls are stocking them... The one I drive by everday has never carried them.

Ive been to 4 blockbusters around my area and only one carries one section of Blu-rays.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:12 PM

we have a block buster and they have a pretty small selection. we also have a privately owned video rental store that has 120 blu rays, granted its one copy of each film, but 30 bucks a month for unlimited blu ray rentals and i can swing by the store and grab 2 at a time and they have the new releases works for me