'Messengers' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
PeterB

Default 'Messengers' -- pre-release buzz

Another scary one for Blu-ray

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...on_Blu-ray/555

Havent' heard great things about the flick, though -- anyone seen it?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Another scary one for Blu-ray

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...on_Blu-ray/555

Havent' heard great things about the flick, though -- anyone seen it?
I saw it in theaters and it wasn't that bad but it wasn't that good either. It's just one of those movies that is what you expect it to be. It should look nice on Blu-Ray though. That is as long as it doesn't get delayed like every other Blu-Ray titles has been lately.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:03 PM

This gets released in UK cinemas this Friday, so I think I'll check it out. The trailer looked pretty good and the Pang Brothers, for all their storytelling faults, certainly know how to shoot a good looking movie. I'm hopng for a couple of good scares also, based on their HK/Thai production 'The Eye,' which I'd advise anyone to check out - just try to go into it knowing as little as possible!

BTW: Do you also get announcements for SD versions of these movies? I ask because I'd be interested to know if there's an 'Unrated' cut coming to regular DVD? There usually is these days with PG-13 theatrical releases, and the movie is rated as a 15 in the UK (the equivalent of the PG-13 rating here is a 12).

Last edited by Staffyman; 04-02-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 PM

I saw this in theaters and I liked it. I thought it had a few good scares to many fake scares(thoes damn crows got annoying <:-| ) though but thats only a minor complaint. I thought the ending could have been better and less spoon fed to the audience. Over all a good ghost flick that I will be picking up on Standard DVD and Blu-ray
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 PM

this movie looks awful.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

I thought it was good..but i don't think i will pick this one up. It was only PG-13 wasn't it? That's why it wasn't scary.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
I thought it was good..but i don't think i will pick this one up. It was only PG-13 wasn't it? That's why it wasn't scary.
i dont really know about that, the ring 1 was pg-13 and that was damn scary for me when i saw it 4 years ago.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Review Up

Full Review up on www.hometheaterspot.com

PQ : 5/5
AQ: 5/5

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/fusio...hp?tid/137369/

"
WRAP-UP:hometheaterspot.com

Fans of this movie should be thrilled by the discs performance. As audio and video go, its easily upper echelon. The movie may be more of a rental for those that put less weight on the experience. But, its the best new horror that Sony has put out on BD this year by far."

I think Amazon had it for sale very late on the site.