Walmart finally really going Blu - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Default Walmart finally really going Blu

This weekend there will be a change at walmart. Most stores will get a 20ft set. Meaning four, four foot bays. I one bay will be hardware including the sony and the panosonic stand alone and the ps3. The rest will be all for blu-ray software. Finally some real space for blu-ray. Most stores will get set saturday night. Some stores linger a bit but expect the set to be up by monday. Finally a real challenger for over priced best buy.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Arkadin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,401
Default

we'll see.
Wal-Mart has sucked ass so far with bd.
the prices I've seen there have NOT been impressive to say the least.
Honestly, I have little hope that Wal-Mart will ever become a meaningful place to get bds. maybe the day-and-dates if we're lucky imo.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Kilger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 213
Default

That will be good if its true, as the blu selection hasn't been to great at the local walmarts here
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
vinnie97's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,897
Default

wut about shelf space for the Magnavox (best price!) and new Samsungs?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 228
Default

I don't think my Walmart has that kind of space to spare...
HD media has one four-foot section. 75% of it is Blu-ray, the other 25% being HD-DVD titles.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Nicodimus22's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfmarines View Post
Most stores will get a 20ft set. Meaning four, four foot bays.
I'm not a mathematician or anything, but...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
I'm not a mathematician or anything, but...
haha.............nice.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM
CaptainCanuck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,665
Default

I don't trust Walmart.One minute they're gung ho on a product,the next minute they can pull it all.
My local Walmart has next to nothing in Bluray.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Default

lol, my apologies, they get the endcap also. adding up to 20 feet. lol...i looked at the plan-o-gram quickly. there maybe other standalones as well but i only noticed the sonys and the pany.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Default

and btw i can assure you its happening. youll see after this weekend. They will have alot of new tv's as well. you should see most stores discounting display tv's to make space for the new ones.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xploited Cinema's going out of business sale (and we really, really mean it this time Cochise HD DVD Bargains 1 11-01-2011 07:32 AM
Xploited Cinema going out of business sale (and we really, really mean it this time) Cochise Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 7 08-01-2011 10:20 PM
Teminator: Salvation sucks really, really, really, really, really, really bad!!! ATLFalconsFAN Film Forum 2 05-21-2009 04:24 AM
New Walmart commercials: really pushing blu-ray! iontyre High Definition Smackdown 69 11-22-2008 05:42 AM
Walmart really going blu this weekend jlfmarines Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 27 05-16-2008 04:24 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off