'National Treasure' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 PM

Default 'National Treasure' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth's review of ''National Treasure' is up. He enjoyed this
rousing adventure film. This Blu-ray boasts significantly improved,
but somewhat imperfect visuals, an excellent PCM audio track, all of
the supplements from the DVD, and a trio of exclusive new features.
Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/572/...ltreasure.html
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Formerly weaponX6282

good to see high marks for this disk. I knew disney would let anyone down. Thanks for the review Ken.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:23 PM

I must dissent here.... I usually agree with the reviews on this forum but not this one. Nicolas Cage "phoned-in" his performance as he always does nowadays.... he's too busy counting the money they paid him. The plot is dull, uninteresting, and completely unplausible from every standpoint imaginable. Yeah, yeah, Indiana Jones was a little contrived too in parts, but nothing as silly as this. Maybe I expected too much or took it too seriously, I just hated it.

The critics CORRECTLY mocked it before it even came out. They, for once, were right.

The Wifey and I are still pissed for sitting through this crap. Anything with Nick Cage in it is now OFF my list for viewing..... unless were talking like Wild at Heart or something MUCH older. 'Next' was also simply horrible.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, a few elements of the picture aren't as impressive, leaving me with the nagging feeling that we’ll see a more refined Blu-ray release of ‘National Treasure’ in the future.
You can say that again Ken, I am sure that not only Disney will do such thing but studios like WB will follow the same path, that's what worries me the most, ending up with the wrong version of the movie. I will give this a rent anyway
Old 05-12-2008, 12:59 PM

I have never seen this movie in any form before but I'm looking forward to watching it first on Blu-ray to form my own opinion of the movie. Thanks for the review.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
I have never seen this movie in any form before but I'm looking forward to watching it first on Blu-ray to form my own opinion of the movie. Thanks for the review.
Same here. I am looking forward to picking this one up, along with Book Of Secrets, next week to watch for the first time.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM

I for one love this movie and can not wait to get this on BD... I've seen it several times on USA-HD but it's just not the same...
Old 05-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Both of these movies were almost up there with Indiana Jones IMO, its the best adventure type film to come along since Indiana Jones and I fully agree with the reviewer, I loved this film and already have the 2 pack pre-ordered....$39.99 for both is a great deal, the 2nd one I like just as much as the first and the inklings for a third are definitely in there and I hope they bring it to us! Cant wait to get this 2 pack in the mail!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 PM

I'll pass...although it wasn't as bad as the second one...
Old 05-12-2008, 03:05 PM

Love the movie!
will pick it up when it goes under 18