Anime? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-07-2008, 04:43 PM

Default Anime?

i would love to see the Vampire Hunter D films get a blu ray release. also, Akira would be awesome.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM

I Second those two titles I would love to see them both ob blu-ray in the USA not from an overly expensive import site.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:09 PM

I deff wish we would see some anime on . With Hunter Robin, and Trigun would be fantastic.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 PM

I want Naruto.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

I dislike anime, at least the Asian/American produced with asian artwork style, it kind of creeps me out.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 AM

Most anime would be ill served to be in HD. The sound is stereo at best and the picture is not formatted for widescreen and is of a particularly low resolution. Only the newer Bleach and Naruto episodes from TV Tokyo are in Widescreen and in HD.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 AM

I think most of the anime coming out now is in widescreen, I've seen quite a lot of it, like Ergo Proxy and Full Metal Panic the 2nd Raid, and many others. I'm willing to bet more anime studios down the line will start putting out more titles on Blu. I hear there's already quite a lot coming out in Japan, like Akira, Perfect Blue, Steamboy, Metropolis, etc. I've even heard they're working on some Full Metal Panic Blu-Ray set, but I'm not sure which series they're talking about. Hopefully we'll see all this stuff eventually in the states.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Most anime would be ill served to be in HD. The sound is stereo at best and the picture is not formatted for widescreen and is of a particularly low resolution. Only the newer Bleach and Naruto episodes from TV Tokyo are in Widescreen and in HD.
You couldn't be more wrong there. There is a LOT of anime now on Japanese TV which is in HD. The sound is still stereo as you say, but the HD visuals look amazing.

Of course there are also a lot of anime movies which have 5.1 or 6.1 audio. I have a bunch of anime BDs myself, although the current quality on offer varies from excellent (Tekkon Kinkreet, Patlabor 1-3), to mediocre (Innocence, Appleseed), to downright dreadful (Ghost in the Shell).
Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
You couldn't be more wrong there. There is a LOT of anime now on Japanese TV which is in HD. The sound is still stereo as you say, but the HD visuals look amazing.

Of course there are also a lot of anime movies which have 5.1 or 6.1 audio. I have a bunch of anime BDs myself, although the current quality on offer varies from excellent (Tekkon Kinkreet, Patlabor 1-3), to mediocre (Innocence, Appleseed), to downright dreadful (Ghost in the Shell).
That is only recently used. Titles that have 100+ episodes only have the last 3 or 4 in HD which means you have over 100 episodes in SD. At least most anime is digital now so it should be somewhat easy to upscale.

I wasn't wrong, but the fact remains it's only just recently starting to get out there in HD.

I don't buy anime anyhow because the US releases are crap and I don't want to buy episode 1-5 on a disk when there's 300 episodes. That's $25 per disk and would be $1500 spent on anime. No thanks. Plus I've already seen them for free
Old 05-09-2008, 08:18 PM

A lot of the old anime would benefic from HD treatment. Not as there is often enough information to fill up a 1080p picture, but because the existing transfers leave a lot to be desired. Patlabor - pretty average DVD release. LD masters I beleive. Cowboy Bebop - even the remaster was not too hot.

Not to mention there is so much SD anime out there that you can't even get a progressive signal out of.