Jack Ryan on Blu? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 PM

Default Jack Ryan on Blu?

With Paramount' announcement that all formerly released 's will be re-released, where does that leave The Jack Ryan Collection? Was it or was it not ever released on Blu? I did not see it on the re-release list.

Thanks for the info
Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
With Paramount' announcement that all formerly released 's will be re-released, where does that leave The Jack Ryan Collection? Was it or was it not ever released on Blu? I did not see it on the re-release list.

Thanks for the info

The BR version was cancelled and therefore never released. Heck, the HD-DVD version barely escaped before being recalled due to the packing misprints.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 AM

I had this set pre-ordered a few times on both formats and tried to buy it no less than 4-5 times in stores to no avail. I finally just bought "The Hunt" on the bay. I watched it a couple times and have since resently sold it. I imagine that it will be comming out some time in the next few months as it was near to completion when they got paid to switch. I wouldnt be suprised if it came out really soon.

Mabey May 20th ? LOL
Old 05-07-2008, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
I had this set pre-ordered a few times on both formats and tried to buy it no less than 4-5 times in stores to no avail. I finally just bought "The Hunt" on the bay. I watched it a couple times and have since resently sold it. I imagine that it will be comming out some time in the next few months as it was near to completion when they got paid to switch. I wouldnt be suprised if it came out really soon.

Mabey May 20th ? LOL
IIRC, the transfers on HD-DVD were generally considered disappointing in regards to PQ. Would you agree based on what you saw with THFRO? It doesn't bode for the inevitable BR versions if they just port the HD-DVD transfers (which is highly likely).
Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 AM

I would like to know about this as well.
like any year now Paramount.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 AM

You know, I sold my SD Jack Ryan Collection pending the release on HD DVD, and then Paramount pulled their crap and left me hanging. TWICE! I even called a Bullmoose store in Augusta Maine and the girl told me they had it in stock. Needless to say I'm anxious to find this set but no way I'm paying the prices that are being asked now.

One Ping Only
Old 05-07-2008, 11:18 AM

I hope they come out on BD but I'm really only looking foreward to Red October... One of my top 5 favorites of all time...

"And it reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin, when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets... Well it will tremble again, at the sound of our silence..."
Old 05-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMajor View Post
IIRC, the transfers on HD-DVD were generally considered disappointing in regards to PQ. Would you agree based on what you saw with THFRO? It doesn't bode for the inevitable BR versions if they just port the HD-DVD transfers (which is highly likely).
I've got Clear and Present Danger on HD DVD and the PQ is fantastic! Blows the DVD out the water.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMajor View Post
It was alright. That in itself was a disapointment generaly. The picture was a marked increase in quality from any of the previous releases though so for a movie of this calabier that is enough.

As far as the Blu version is concerned. I "THINK" that this is when Paramount was going serperate encodes for their movies. I this is indeed the case then the BD version may look a bit better. This is of course assuming that the problems were not master related.

I think that we will see it released on BD in a few months and then in a few years they will do a remaster and sell it again. I will likey end up buying both.