'National Treasure: Book of Secrets' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 AM

Default 'National Treasure: Book of Secrets' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of 'National Treasure: Book of Secrets' Has been posted. He says it's a fun, totally enjoyable popcorn flick. This Blu-ray is pretty strong, with good video and audio and a ton of extras. This is a great Saturday night Blu-ray. Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1355...ofsecrets.html
Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 AM

Doesn't the movie come out in a month?
I'm looking forward to seeing the first one again and the second one for the first time.
And since it only cost me $15 for both titles from Amazon(after a $25 gift certificate)it makes it even better.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:11 AM

Hmmm..saw this in theatres not to long ago at my local dollar movie.
good flick,, sure to look good in HD..
but I disagree with Peter. I actually enjoyed the first one better. It mite be the fact that the villian/heroes thing was a tad more intense. I found the sequel charming at times, example, when Gates is coming up to the Presidents Bash be says "have you seen a tall brunette..? Man I must have no game tonight",, I couldnt help but grin.
But still the first one kept it simple, stuck to stuff you know, and made them chase objects one at a time for clues to the treasure. The sequel seems more history was put into play, and not as laid back to follow.
So I'll proly wind up getting the original,, and hopefully it gets as good scores, if not better
Old 04-25-2008, 01:17 AM

We got like a whole month to kill before the release.

I wonder if the PQ quality is matching the version I saw in theaters. I remember being sort of taken back by how muddy the image was. So much black crush, and orange tone created a very soft looking film. Especially in the action sequences.

Near the end, where the water is coming into the temple...or whatever it was. There was one shot that I know was extremely soft...like it was shot out of focus. I'm curious if that shot is still extremely soft.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:19 AM

Thats interesting that this is a TrueHD instead of PCM track. It is still marked as PCM on the sidebar. Are we certain this is TrueHD?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:25 AM

I'm excited about seeing this, as I never got a chance to see it in the theaters. I was a big fan of the first one, and I'm certain that I'll enjoy this one as well. The historical inaccuracies and manipulation of facts didn't really bother me, or even detract from my enjoyment level. That's kind of odd, but such is the magic of cinema.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resevilfan86 View Post
Thats interesting that this is a TrueHD instead of PCM track. It is still marked as PCM on the sidebar. Are we certain this is TrueHD?

I noticed the same thing. I have it on pre-order from Amazon.

On the audio listing it says 5.1 PCM but the review says Dolby TrueHD 5.1

Although lossless is lossless sound I'm confused as to which audio codec is used.

Peter can you verify?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:07 AM

I thought Part-1 was advertised to have LPCM and Part-2 DTHD.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:27 AM

I thought this was a good sequel. Must buy for me.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:03 PM

I have never seen either of these and am really looking forward to getting them into my home theatre on Blu-ray!