The Punishers PQ is a let down - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 PM

Default The Punishers PQ is a let down

Earlier today I started to watch The Punisher and I have to say the actual PQ is a real let down.Ive heard so many people talk about how great the qaulity of the picture but was just not seeing it. Over the last couple days ive watched No Country for Old Men, and Spiderman 3 and it was no where near the quality of those 2 movies. I also noticed that in alot of the shots that involve the sky it seems grainy.I know this movie wasnt to popularbut was wondering if anyone else had any issues with the actual transfer.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned

What Lionsgate needs to do is re-release this but as the Extended Cut this time.

Its also worth noting that this was one of Lionsgate's first Blu-ray releases. One of the first Blu-ray releases in general actually. What was said to look decent then doesn't really compare to the top of the line transfers released today. Now that the studios have gotten their shit together.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 PM

Ahh, youve made a very good point Gamerguy about this being one of the first BR releases. I guess movies like the POTC trilogy, No Country, Spidey 3, and all the great looking HDDVD's I have had spoiled me.
Closed Thread