Lars and the Real Girl. Blu-ray High MIA *sigh* - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Default Lars and the Real Girl. Blu-ray High MIA *sigh*

Saw the Trailer on HD Net several nights ago. I rented it on DVD and absolutely loved it! I was going to Blind Buy on BD.

I see it's MGM and besides Rescue Dawn, I'm not sure if they released anything else.

Can we expect to see this on BD?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1000...the_real_girl/
Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 PM

Hopefully we'll see it on blu ray. I don't know why studios don't release certain titles on blu ray.
I mean I was pretty ticked when Fox didn't release Death Sentence on blu ray here in North America, however I did manage to import it from Germany on HD DVD. I see you really loved 'Lars and the Real Girl', so I'd suggest maybe looking around different sites for it and see if it's available in some country on blu ray that can ship to North America...for a reasonable price of course.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:57 PM

Sadly, I doubt we'll see this on BD. First off it's an indie meaning it made very little money in limited release. Second it comes from MGM which means that it will be distributed by FOX.

FOX seems to be releasing their BDs based off of Box Office numbers and as such I have a feeling that we will be seeing few Fox Searchlight and MGM titles. Lars... only made $5.9 million and had a budget of 12 million - not a sucess I'd say. Also, Fox has a habit forgetting about MGM films - they've only released a handful of their titles.

It's a shame too because films like this and Darjeeling Limited might actually cater more to us "film lovers" but instead Fox is releasing drivel like Meet The Spartans.