anyone else losing intrest in buying HD movies ? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-15-2008, 03:36 PM

anyone else losing intrest in buying HD movies ?

IS it me, or am i alone in this thought , I am losing intrest in HD media ???? I think Blu is way over priced and there isnt any HD DVDs i want, dont get me wrong i have both Blu and HD, but so far Blu hasnt shown me anything that Makes Me Want to Buy again! I would like a new Panasonic DMB-DB50 but i am not sure i want to spend that kind of money again . Come on guys make me what to buy again! Give me a reason!!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:42 PM

It's not that I don't want to buy movies right now. It's just I'm dwindling down my # of domestic releases and I'm gonna have to start importing soon. I allow myself 2 movies out of every paycheck and with the price of an import I'll only be getting 1 movie instead Plus I just bought an iPhone that I didn't need but wanted so bad so there's another $450 in the hole.

I know how you're feeling. You just have to remember it's spring & summer. This is the time of year to go out & have fun. I usually only watch movies Mon - Thurs after work from April - October/November (weather dictates my activities). Sometimes I'll throw in something quiet on a saturday morning if I'm up real early. I get up @ 2:30am M-Th so it's kinda hard to sleep-in on the weekends.

Just wait and before you know it fall will be here with some nice movies to watch. Iron Man, TDK, Hulk, Indy 4....All the summer blockbusters will be hitting blu starting in October/Novembr. Hopefully we get some good catalog stuff as well. March - September are kind of "filler months" where studios put out whatever without expecting big #'s.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:46 PM

Kinda....I really don't find any spontaneity now that the war is over.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM

Ive slowed down only because Im running out of titles to buy. I ONLY buy titles that have lots of rewatch value so that slims down the "choice pool" a lot. I refuse to buy a title just because the PQ is good. Screw that.

And, there are tons of great catalog titles I want that may be a looooong time coming, if at all, so who knows. Newer releases that I buy are VERY few and far between since most of it is pure shlock.

Summer is coming too, that curtails the movie watching too.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:51 PM

I think once I finish college I am gonna Netflix a lot. Just because I have spent far too much of my money on movies so far. I still enjoy them though, and I will never go back to SD!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:54 PM

I've been Netflixing more now. There seems to be lackluster of new mainstream titles and/or few good movies with only average to poor PQ that I have to pass on
Old 04-15-2008, 03:56 PM

Yeah I am starting to get that way, too.

But my reasoning is because my PlayStation 3 is currently in for repair. When I get it back, I'll get all the high-definition media I can get my hands on :P
Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 PM

ive slowed down. theres hardly any sales anymore. i got pretty much all the hd dvd titles i wanted and the new releases has been pretty weak as well. i miss you b1g1f.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:59 PM

Hi-def prices have made me completely stop impulse buying (not to mention blind buying), and even prevented me from picking up many new releases I would've normally bought. If a BD is available, I see no reason to buy the SD -- but the high prices of BDs (such as Juno this week) have stopped me from picking up the title altogether. So I've not lost interest; I've simply lost the funding necessary to buy hi-def media until there is a huge discount.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:04 PM

I do most of my movie watching in the Summer. So I need to try and put a dent in the many titles I haven't watched yet. My purchases this year will be nothing like the last two. I got over 550 HiDef titles the last two years. I'll only get 50 to 70 this year.