Star Wars, Indiana Jones and LOTR Blu-Ray listed on target.com why? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-12-2008, 04:35 PM

Default Star Wars, Indiana Jones and LOTR Blu-Ray listed on target.com why?

Why is Target listing the Indiana Jones, Star Wars and LOTR movies on their site? They also list the MIB movies, which I know are coming. Does Target know something we dont? Any reason why they would list these highly desired trilogies?

http://www.target.com/Adventures-Ind...A163296&page=4

Granted they don't say anything...but why list them?
Old 04-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Placeholders, that is all. I think we'll see the Indiana set by the end of the year as the 4th one is released on to Blu-ray. After that we'll see LOTR by next years end and Star Wars in maybe 2-3 years. I want all of them so badly too
Old 04-12-2008, 05:48 PM

Doesn't know why Target would bother with a placeholder. All of their online movie sales go through Amazon.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:02 PM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

it would make since that if they are listed as place holders on amazon the same would be said for target.com since as is mentioned by another person, all of there movies are shipped via amazon.com
Old 04-13-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
Why is Target listing the Indiana Jones, Star Wars and LOTR movies on their site? They also list the MIB movies, which I know are coming. Does Target know something we dont? Any reason why they would list these highly desired trilogies?

http://www.target.com/Adventures-Ind...A163296&page=4

Granted they don't say anything...but why list them?
Target also listed War Of The Worlds and Collateral on their website last year. Have not heard anything since about these. I would be ,of course, VERY PLEASED and shocked if these trilogies were annonced in the very near future but....I am not getting my hopes up quite yet.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maley View Post
Placeholders, that is all. I think we'll see the Indiana set by the end of the year as the 4th one is released on to Blu-ray. After that we'll see LOTR by next years end and Star Wars in maybe 2-3 years. I want all of them so badly too
How do you know KOTC will be released on BD? Spielberg calls the shots on distribution of his films and he's obviously not in a hurry to release anything in HD.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
How do you know KOTC will be released on BD? Spielberg calls the shots on distribution of his films and he's obviously not in a hurry to release anything in HD.
Encounters of the Third Kind comes to mind . . . . .
Old 04-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Star Wars will not be out for quite some times....years even. Ole George is in the process of rereleasing the movies back to theaters in 3D in a few years. Then....and only maybe then will he release these to Blu. Remember how long he waited to release them to SD? He wanted the market to be flooded with DVD hardware owners. He will do the same with Blu. The man knows how to make a buck! lol.
The real question is, how many blu ray release of the saga will there be?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:32 PM

They're coming out in Re-mastered versions, for the 10 millionth time. I hear that Yoda's ghost is going to be replaced by Jar Jar, in RoTJ at the end scene.