WRONG disc in movies!? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Default WRONG disc in movies!?

Ok, i just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problems sometimes or if I just have BAD luck...

So the other day, I purchased Hitman at Target. I opened it up and both discs were flipped upside down. Then I take them out and notice that their an Internet Explorer CD! So I take it back to Target hoping they would believe me, and they did, so I just exchanged it for anther copy.

Tonight, I go to Meijer and buy Gattaca(for only $21, and their last copy). I open the case and...there it is again, the same stupid Internet Explorer CD, flipped upside down as well!!

Is this a common problem?? Are people opening these cases and then replacing the movie?? I did notice that the shrink wrap was not normal, so it did look like it was tampered with.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 PM

Looks like you've got a slick thief in your town!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza556 View Post
Ok, i just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problems sometimes or if I just have BAD luck...

So the other day, I purchased Hitman at Target. I opened it up and both discs were flipped upside down. Then I take them out and notice that their an Internet Explorer CD! So I take it back to Target hoping they would believe me, and they did, so I just exchanged it for anther copy.

Tonight, I go to Meijer and buy Gattaca(for only $21, and their last copy). I open the case and...there it is again, the same stupid Internet Explorer CD, flipped upside down as well!!

Is this a common problem?? Are people opening these cases and then replacing the movie?? I did notice that the shrink wrap was not normal, so it did look like it was tampered with.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:19 AM

What are the odds, eh? That disc sure gets around.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:57 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

yup this is more common than the stores would like to be sure, target now at most locations will open all dvd blu or hd dvd titles being returned to insure the correct movie and format is in the case.

i know ive been pissed when i have boughten a movie only to get home and find the case either empty or the wrong disc or another popular substitute the aol software cd.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Dang that sucks, how crazy of that to happen though.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:00 AM

Was the disc re-wrapped or was it a factory wrap?... Factory wraps have the corners folded on the top and bottom and re-wraps, well, you should know what they look like...
Old 04-12-2008, 09:09 AM

i know at my target, people slice the wrap on the bottom and somehow take the disc out and leave the empty case. i chekc the case, and after i purchase it i stand there before leaving. open it up, and if anything is susspicious like you mentioned i would return it. but i have had good luck
Old 04-12-2008, 09:16 AM

Another reason I almost exclusively use Amazon.