ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - Common problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Banned

Default ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - Common problems

WTF!? First off, the menus are insanely delayed... you often have to wait :05 to :08 seconds seconds for player to respond. And the worst problem is that the fast-forward/reverse simply doesn't work at all... What the hell is going on with the superior HD format...!!??

And these problems are listed all over the internet when it comes to this movie.

I'm sure if you're in this forum and you have ACROSS THE UNIVERSE on Blu, you know what I'm talking about. I have the movie on right now in the other room, and I have been trying to rewind/scan and fast forward/scan for 45 minutes. When I got frustrated, I simply did a search for "Across the Universe + fast forward" and I got to read the tons of problems posted from reviewers.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psickmusic View Post
WTF!? First off, the menus are insanely delayed... you often have to wait :05 to :08 seconds seconds for player to respond. And the worst problem is that the fast-forward/reverse simply doesn't work at all... What the hell is going on with the superior HD format...!!??

And these problems are listed all over the internet when it comes to this movie.

I'm sure if you're in this forum and you have ACROSS THE UNIVERSE on Blu, you know what I'm talking about. I have the movie on right now in the other room, and I have been trying to rewind/scan and fast forward/scan for 45 minutes. When I got frustrated, I simply did a search for "Across the Universe + fast forward" and I got to read the tons of problems posted from reviewers.
I've never experienced any of the problems that you're describing. What type of Blu-ray player do you own, and what kind of equipment are you working with? Is it only with Across The Universe, or is it other discs as well?

Hope you get it sorted out.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned

I have a SONY BDP-S500. It's not a player problem. It's an authoring problem. Its a problem with all the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE BLU-RAY DISCS. Just do a search on it, and it'll come up.

Not only does it have those problems I've mentioned, but, when I went to stop the disc, the video stopped, yet the audio kept on going!! hahahaa! WHAT A TRIP.

My other 31 BluRay discs are fine.

And so are all my 29 HD-DVD discs
Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 AM

And what do you want us to do? I own the movie and can recall having any issues. The menus are sometimes slow but I can't say that it is always isolated to this disc or even Blu. Regardless we are not the people you should be complaining to.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psickmusic View Post
I have a SONY BDP-S500. It's not a player problem. It's an authoring problem. Its a problem with all the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE BLU-RAY DISCS. Just do a search on it, and it'll come up.

Not only does it have those problems I've mentioned, but, when I went to stop the disc, the video stopped, yet the audio kept on going!! hahahaa! WHAT A TRIP.

My other 31 BluRay discs are fine.

And so are all my 29 HD-DVD discs
I just popped this in, and my menus are not delayed. I've fast forwarded, reversed, and used stop while the movie was playing, and all without incident. As I said before, including just now for the last 10 minutes, I haven't experienced any of these issues that you're describing. I don't think it's a widespread problem.

Hope you get things straightened out. Good luck!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

thats odd i have this movie and have no issues with the menus loading slow on my samsung bdp1400
and ive watched it several times using the reverse and the fast forward with out any issues.

perhaps changing your batteries in your remote might help with the ff/reverse problems.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 AM

Does your SONY BDP-S500 have the latest firmware update? It could also be a problem with the disc itself. Take it back and get another one, then go from there.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:05 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

but he says its a problem on all the across the universe bds lol

i still say he should check the batteries on his remote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripture View Post
Does your SONY BDP-S500 have the latest firmware update? It could also be a problem with the disc itself. Take it back and get another one, then go from there.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER View Post
but he says its a problem on all the across the universe bds lol

i still say he should check the batteries on his remote.
Yeah, I agree. He should check the batteries as well.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 AM

I rented this and had zero issues. I say 1). Operator Error 2). Batteries in the remote 3). Player firmware 4). Possible attempt to get people worked up...