ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - Common problems - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,192
Default ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - Common problems

WTF!? First off, the menus are insanely delayed... you often have to wait :05 to :08 seconds seconds for player to respond. And the worst problem is that the fast-forward/reverse simply doesn't work at all... What the hell is going on with the superior HD format...!!??

And these problems are listed all over the internet when it comes to this movie.

I'm sure if you're in this forum and you have ACROSS THE UNIVERSE on Blu, you know what I'm talking about. I have the movie on right now in the other room, and I have been trying to rewind/scan and fast forward/scan for 45 minutes. When I got frustrated, I simply did a search for "Across the Universe + fast forward" and I got to read the tons of problems posted from reviewers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Scripture's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psickmusic View Post
WTF!? First off, the menus are insanely delayed... you often have to wait :05 to :08 seconds seconds for player to respond. And the worst problem is that the fast-forward/reverse simply doesn't work at all... What the hell is going on with the superior HD format...!!??

And these problems are listed all over the internet when it comes to this movie.

I'm sure if you're in this forum and you have ACROSS THE UNIVERSE on Blu, you know what I'm talking about. I have the movie on right now in the other room, and I have been trying to rewind/scan and fast forward/scan for 45 minutes. When I got frustrated, I simply did a search for "Across the Universe + fast forward" and I got to read the tons of problems posted from reviewers.
I've never experienced any of the problems that you're describing. What type of Blu-ray player do you own, and what kind of equipment are you working with? Is it only with Across The Universe, or is it other discs as well?

Hope you get it sorted out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,192
Default

I have a SONY BDP-S500. It's not a player problem. It's an authoring problem. Its a problem with all the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE BLU-RAY DISCS. Just do a search on it, and it'll come up.

Not only does it have those problems I've mentioned, but, when I went to stop the disc, the video stopped, yet the audio kept on going!! hahahaa! WHAT A TRIP.

My other 31 BluRay discs are fine.

And so are all my 29 HD-DVD discs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 509
Default

And what do you want us to do? I own the movie and can recall having any issues. The menus are sometimes slow but I can't say that it is always isolated to this disc or even Blu. Regardless we are not the people you should be complaining to.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Scripture's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psickmusic View Post
I have a SONY BDP-S500. It's not a player problem. It's an authoring problem. Its a problem with all the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE BLU-RAY DISCS. Just do a search on it, and it'll come up.

Not only does it have those problems I've mentioned, but, when I went to stop the disc, the video stopped, yet the audio kept on going!! hahahaa! WHAT A TRIP.

My other 31 BluRay discs are fine.

And so are all my 29 HD-DVD discs
I just popped this in, and my menus are not delayed. I've fast forwarded, reversed, and used stop while the movie was playing, and all without incident. As I said before, including just now for the last 10 minutes, I haven't experienced any of these issues that you're describing. I don't think it's a widespread problem.

Hope you get things straightened out. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
BLU HD DEFENDER's Avatar
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,820
Default

thats odd i have this movie and have no issues with the menus loading slow on my samsung bdp1400
and ive watched it several times using the reverse and the fast forward with out any issues.

perhaps changing your batteries in your remote might help with the ff/reverse problems.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Scripture's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,093
Default

Does your SONY BDP-S500 have the latest firmware update? It could also be a problem with the disc itself. Take it back and get another one, then go from there.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2008, 01:05 AM
BLU HD DEFENDER's Avatar
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,820
Default

but he says its a problem on all the across the universe bds lol

i still say he should check the batteries on his remote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripture View Post
Does your SONY BDP-S500 have the latest firmware update? It could also be a problem with the disc itself. Take it back and get another one, then go from there.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Scripture's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER View Post
but he says its a problem on all the across the universe bds lol

i still say he should check the batteries on his remote.
Yeah, I agree. He should check the batteries as well.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 324
Default

I rented this and had zero issues. I say 1). Operator Error 2). Batteries in the remote 3). Player firmware 4). Possible attempt to get people worked up...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drive Angry 3D movie ticket, Legion Bluray, & Across The Universe Bluray FS or FT bigbadwolfe911 Blu-ray Disc Exchange 1 02-07-2011 01:32 AM
'Across the Universe' High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 85 01-03-2011 08:46 PM
"Across The Universe" Rich86 General Discussion: Both Formats 1 02-11-2008 01:56 AM
'Across the Universe' -- pre-release buzz PeterB Blu-ray Software General Discussion 23 01-08-2008 07:02 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off