Universal Combo discs on Blu! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Formerly candymangt

Default Universal Combo discs on Blu!

If Universal decides to release movies as combo discs on Blu, I will be pissed. I royally hated it that they did this with HD DVD releases, but please don't repeat this mistake.

Will anyone else be pissed?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:01 AM

blu ray has NO combo discs. and its never been announced that anything would ever be in a combo on blu ray... So i think you can rest easy on this one
Old 04-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
blu ray has NO combo discs. and its never been announced that anything would ever be in a combo on blu ray... So i think you can rest easy on this one
I know they have no combo discs, but I just hope that Uni doesn't try to convince the BDA that it could be good for business.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymangt View Post
I know they have no combo discs, but I just hope that Uni doesn't try to convince the BDA that it could be good for business.
Either you don't understand what he means, or theres a lack of communication somewhere, but literally, that technology doesn't exist. At one point, it could have theoretically, but due to a ton of factors, it didn't.

In other words, it's not a matter of "convincing" anyone to use certain technology, because that technology is not and will never be physically in production. So you have nothing to worry about. The end.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:19 AM

The reason combos existed and the reason that HD DVD retained the DVD portion of the logo was that it was partially developed and supported by the DVD forum who created the original disc standard in the mid 90's. Blu ray was developed elsewhere, thus there were no combos and will never be any combos.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalconHD View Post
The reason combos existed and the reason that HD DVD retained the DVD portion of the logo was that it was partially developed and supported by the DVD forum who created the original disc standard in the mid 90's. Blu ray was developed elsewhere, thus there were no combos and will never be any combos.
Which is a huge advantage to Blu-ray IMO.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
If Universal decides to release movies as combo discs on Blu, I will be pissed. I royally hated it that they did this with HD DVD releases, but please don't repeat this mistake.

I'd be delighted, to be honest, but it's never going to happen.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:

I really hated combo discs. Mostly because of the errors they would cause. I also hate misleading thread titles