The Official Paramount/Universal News Thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Default The Official Paramount/Universal News Thread

Any news regarding Paramount/Universal

May be posted here
Old 04-05-2008, 03:25 PM

No news is bad news?

I'm so PO'd Paramount is releasing There Will Be Blood with no day & date High-def version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Terror View Post
Interesting. Just read an Op Ed article in the LA Times on that this morning by Sean Connery - The Scots show their true colors.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
No news is bad news?

I'm so PO'd Paramount is releasing There Will Be Blood with no day & date High-def version.

Interesting. Just read an Op Ed article in the LA Times on that this morning by Sean Connery - The Scots show their true colors.
We are indeed on our way towards independence
Old 04-05-2008, 06:54 PM

There will be Blood has a UK release date on blu-ray for june over at play.com.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnewey View Post
There will be Blood has a UK release date on blu-ray for june over at play.com.
True, but it's Disney internationally (well, Miramax, but same thing).

Doesn't really say much about Paramount. And Blood annoys me too...but I'm not too concerned about it taking TOO long.

On the bright side, I do know they aren't just sitting around idly.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:56 PM

As I understand the problem is that the output for all the blu-ray plants is bought out through the end of the year. If that is the case, then why not expand production? Obviously there is the question of profitability and so on, but clearly there is a demand that exceeds the present ability to produce, so one would think they would naturally do so to meet demand. However, I suppose that may cause prices to fall, and I'm certain they don't want that, lol.

Anyone have any news?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:35 PM

I thought the end of the format war would signal a gold rush, couldn't be far from the truth.

Only been collecting Blu for about a month and already i've nearly bought every release I want in my collection. I neeeeed more.... gimme gimme.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverchinese View Post
As I understand the problem is that the output for all the blu-ray plants is bought out through the end of the year. If that is the case, then why not expand production? Obviously there is the question of profitability and so on, but clearly there is a demand that exceeds the present ability to produce, so one would think they would naturally do so to meet demand. However, I suppose that may cause prices to fall, and I'm certain they don't want that, lol.

Anyone have any news?
The Sony plant here is expanding its Blu-ray production it will just take some time.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:48 PM

I HEARD...... nothing at all from Paramount of Universal.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
No news is bad news?

There was a trailer for "There Will Be Blood" on the Hollywood In High-Def. site a little while back that listed both Standard DVD and BD as the release formats. Strangely the trailer disappeared after a short period of time.

I wonder where that trailer originated... and did Paramount have anything to do with it?