Dark City, maybe??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Default Dark City, maybe???

This is easily my most anticipated release, by far. People can stress over Star Wars or Speilberg titles all they want, I just want Dark City. So this might be some good new from Blu-ray.com-

Quote:
The folks over at Bloody-Disgusting.com recently chatted with writer/director David Goyer regarding the rumor of a re-release for his film 'Dark City'. Goyer revealed that his critically acclaimed film would be receiving a re-release soon, which would include new special effects work and an overall longer cut that required the film to be re-scored.

More importantly, Goyer revealed that the new version of the film would not only see a limited theatrical run, but also most likely a Blu-ray release. He also participated in an hour-long making-of featurette, which will include length interviews with the cast and crew.

'Dark City' is one of the highest praised sci-fi films ever. The initial DVD release featured audio commentary by legendary film critic Roger Ebert and the film is often credited for providing stylistic direct to many future films, including 'The Matrix'.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM

Big Dark City fan here, would love to see this on Blu as well.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM

Dark City a Goyer film? Since when? He was involved with the script...but the original story, and the overall direction was from Proyas.

Looks like the case of trying to steal work. Goyer is probably angry because his directorial efforts blow. So he is trying to steal the "film by" credit now for Dark City.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Dark City a Goyer film? Since when? He was involved with the script...but the original story, and the overall direction was from Proyas.

Looks like the case of trying to steal work. Goyer is probably angry because his directorial efforts blow. So he is trying to steal the "film by" credit now for Dark City.
I didn't even notice it said Goyer in that article, what's that shit about? It isn't his film, it is Proyas' film.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSHAN View Post
I didn't even notice it said Goyer in that article, what's that shit about? It isn't his film, it is Proyas' film.
Yeah, I love what I'm hearing save for the lack of Proyas. I don't want Goyer even touching this movie...I've seen his directorial work, it's not good.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:00 PM

One of the greatest film of all time--on my list.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 PM

Interesting film. I remember when Roger Ebert picked it as his best film of the year. Would look great in HD.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSHAN View Post
Big Dark City fan here, would love to see this on Blu as well.
Same here and although I usually don't waste my time with commentaries I would certainly like the Roger Ebert commentary from the DVD to be carried over to the BD. It was just as superb as the film was!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 PM

An earlier report from maybe a year ago stated that, before Ebert got sick and lost his speech, he recorded a new commentary for the this director's cut, along with Proyas and Goyer.

I hope that report turns out to be true. I know how much Ebert loves Dark City...as do I.

This is my most anticipated home video release in a long, long while. The only other release that could rival this release is if the Star Wars Saga were to hit Blu-Ray with all the goodies fans want.

I need to see this longer cut, ASAP.

This is the film that is far superior to The Matrix, and yet, gets only a little bit of credit in certain circles.

Can't wait....

....and Jennifer Connelly is insanely hot in this film.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:16 PM

Maybe now they'll finally get rid of that stupid voice over like Blade Runner did.

The SFX in the film looks good enough as is, what's there to improve?

And Connelly looks hot no matter where. In fact, I think she's hotter now than back in "Labyrinth"...