All 3 Matrix films coming from WB later this year - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2008, 09:38 AM

Default All 3 Matrix films coming from WB later this year

From the digitalbits.com Rumor Mill:

"Here's a quick update for you Blu-ray fans that should make you happy. We've just gotten confirmation from our sources at Warner Home Video that all three Matrix films WILL be released on Blu-ray later this year, likely to support the theatrical and/or DVD and Blu-ray release of The Wachowski Brothers' new Speed Racer feature film."
Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 AM

Is it safe to say it'll be around the holiday season?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tons of puppies View Post
Is it safe to say it'll be around the holiday season?

I would guess so. That was everything from the item. They mention tying into the home video release of Speed Racer, and I think the theatrical run starts shortly, so Christmas would be about enough time for a video release of that title.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 AM

Hopefully they also sell them separately because I already have the whole set on dvd and the first one is the only one I want to rebuy in hd.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballplaya210 View Post
Hopefully they also sell them separately because I already have the whole set on dvd and the first one is the only one I want to rebuy in hd.
The second one is ok but the third just sucks
Old 04-03-2008, 09:50 AM

Any guesses on if they'll do like the HD-DVD releases and have the "Ultimate" set and just a trilogy? I have a feeling these won't be released separately anyway.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:26 AM

I would own the first one in an instant. I saw the 2nd on DVD, and after watching it, I never felt inspired to see the 3rd (especially with all the venom spewed on it by critics and audiences).
Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 AM

I have the boxed set on HD DVD, and I think they are awsome......sound and video are incredible....for Matrix fans this is a must have. BULLET TIME is one of the most replicated special effects now in the movies.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Terror View Post
The second one is ok but the third just sucks
IMO Reloaded is better than people perceive it to be. Revolutions on the other hand, was just an extension of Reloaded & that made it suck.

I will be buying all three when it comes out on BD. I have all three on DVD and refuse to watch them again until I get the BD version.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:59 AM

The first is a top notch action movie with no-so-subtle allegories and fans thought they had "gotten it" until the second came out, which made things way more ambiguous, undecided and while it's still a great action movie the number of "what the hell?"s make me just watch it with my brain half off and take it purely at face value.

The third... anyone hoping for a clean wrap up and clearing up of questions would be disappointed, and I don't remember the action being anything to write home about because we already had 2 movies that blew it out of the water, doing the same things better and 2 years earlier. Just my .02.

PS I would buy the set in HD. I can't very well own the first two and neglect the third. It wasn't nearly as bad as Spider-man 3, which I will not be buying.. ever.