'ALIEN vs. Predator: Requiem' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 AM

Default 'ALIEN vs. Predator: Requiem' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of 'ALIEN vs. Predator: Requiem' has been posted. He says it's an entirely inconsequential film, and a nominal addition to both franchises. Still, this Blu-ray delivers 4.5 star video and audio and some good supplements. It's violent and gory, but if that's your kind of monster movie, then this will be a fine demo disc. Worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1369...orrequiem.html
Old 04-03-2008, 12:16 AM

I thought this one was ALIENS (Plural) vs Predator:Requiem?
I don't know why they would make it plural for the sequel, but that's how it was on the trailer I just watched.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 AM

I'm glad to see Fox putting effort into 1.1 titles. Sunshine didn't have much per se in PiP, but it looks they are improving by offering this extensive PiP feature on AvP:R.

Also great to see it got high remarks in audio/video as always.

For the movie itself however, I won't even bother renting this movie. Saw the first one and was a waste of time and don't expect this one to be much different. For people that are fans of this series, this should be a no brainer, it looks like Fox has released a great BD.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:23 AM

While the first AVP doesn't stack up to any of the originals of either Alien or Predator, it was still a decent movie. I haven't seen AVP2 but I did pre-order the BD 2-Pack from Amazon when they had it for $27.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 AM

I highly disagree. The movie was great, and I saw the first showing of it back on Xmas. Sure, it is not award winning material, but then, I never found any of them to be so. That does not mean I do not like them though, as I love all of the Predator and Alien movies.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I highly disagree. The movie was great, and I saw the first showing of it back on Xmas. Sure, it is not award winning material, but then, I never found any of them to be so. That does not mean I do not like them though, as I love all of the Predator and Alien movies.
Yes I rather enjoyed it myself. It was much more faithful to both franchises than the original AVP (which I thought was god awful). Although it didn't have everything right.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 AM

Second one is total garbage. The first one was much better .
Old 04-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
It pains me to know someone thinks that.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
I think the first was painfully awful. The second actually had some action, girl getting piked to the wall, skin dissolving green goo, "get to the chopper" line.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:26 AM

It seems that most non-fans of the series prefer the original AVP. Die hard Alien or Predator fans prefer the sequel, as it is much more faithful, at least in principle, to the rest of the series.

Die hard fans will always reject a PG-13 version, (as did fans of the Die Hard series, although Live Free was pretty good). The Alien and Predator movies were known for their gritty violence and harsh language, and the original AVP didn't quite deliver in that respect.

Chris