Superman, the movie - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Default Superman, the movie

Just a little question : the audio track on the US version of this Blu-ray is a parisian one?

The quebec dubs pissed me off!!

Thank you.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

Why would you want to listen to a dub for any movie? Original language track is just as important as OAR in my eyes.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:50 PM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

because english is not everyones first spoken language.maybe he has family members who cant understand spoken english.
and considering he lives in france it would make sense he would want it in french.

and not everyone is ok with reading subtitles as a lot of people no matter what continent think they distract from whats going on on screen. (myself i prefer the originial spoken language track, and dont mind reading subtitles but that doesnt mean everyone else in the world should be forced to so.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
Why would you want to listen to a dub for any movie? Original language track is just as important as OAR in my eyes.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER View Post
because english is not everyones first spoken language.maybe he has family members who cant understand spoken english.
and considering he lives in france it would make sense he would want it in french.

and not everyone is ok with reading subtitles as a lot of people no matter what continent think they distract from whats going on on screen. (myself i prefer the originial spoken language track, and dont mind reading subtitles but that doesnt mean everyone else in the world should be forced to so.)
I have absolutely no sympathy for his situation. The disc offers French subtitles. I dont believe there is any good reason for a dubbed track.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:07 AM

he was asking a simple question, and if he isnt happy with the french(qubecc dub) why would he happy with the french(quebecc subtitles)

and like i said to a lot of people subtitles can take you out of the movie.
Quote:
I have absolutely no sympathy for his situation. The disc offers French subtitles. I dont believe there is any good reason for a dubbed track.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
he was asking a simple question, and if he isnt happy with the french(qubecc dub) why would he happy with the french(quebecc subtitles)

and like i said to a lot of people subtitles can take you out of the movie.
Dubbing takes away from the performances by the original actors. Subtitles allow you to understand the content while experiencing the movie the way it was intended.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 AM

well like i said not everyone on this planet speaks or understands english and to expect them to read subtitles to enjoy a film is kind of unfair to say the least. if you dont like watching a dubbed version of the movie thats your perogaitive but dont expect everyone else in the world to want to do the same. and you dont have to tell me anything about taking away from a actors preformance i have lots of friends who are working actors. and none of them have any qualms about there performance being taken away from because of dubbing.
Quote:
Dubbing takes away from the performances by the original actors. Subtitles allow you to understand the content while experiencing the movie the way it was intended.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
well like i said not everyone on this planet speaks or understands english and to expect them to read subtitles to enjoy a film is kind of unfair to say the least.
Those people are not forced to watch the movie. They should find another movie in their native language.

Quote:
and you dont have to tell me anything about taking away from a actors preformance i have lots of friends who are working actors. and none of them have any qualms about there performance being taken away from because of dubbing.
I sincerely doubt that.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
and you dont have to tell me anything about taking away from a actors preformance i have lots of friends who are working actors. and none of them have any qualms about there performance being taken away from because of dubbing.
If that was the case then they shouldn't have any problem with being an uncredited actor either.