Universal and Paramount Watch - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 PM

Default Universal and Paramount Watch

Sorry, I know it has been said before but where the hell are Paramount and Universal with their Blu-ray announcements. I mean I'm not asking for a release soon just a little heads up for the next 6 months. I mean it really sucks when they cancel their HD DVD releases and leave no Blu-ray announcement in sight. I know it could take sometime for Universal but Paramount should be all over this.

Sorry I just needed to vent.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr00v3r View Post
Sorry, I know it has been said before but where the hell are Paramount and Universal with their Blu-ray announcements. I mean I'm not asking for a release soon just a little heads up for the next 6 months. I mean it really sucks when they cancel their HD DVD releases and leave no Blu-ray announcement in sight. I know it could take sometime for Universal but Paramount should be all over this.

Sorry I just needed to vent.
call your mom then. we all want them to release. thats part of winning the format war. you get all the studios, but have to wait for them to switch over and build up merch
Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 PM

I agree it sucks. Apparently, there should be some sort of announcement soon according to thedigitalbits. Especially, when I want both 'The Mist' and 'Sweeney Todd' and also 'There Will Be Blood' on Blu!!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:20 AM

I can't see how this is surprising to people. Universal for starters, has never released on Blu and by switching Paramount probably didn't expect to release again either.

They can't just press a button and convert their HD-DVD's suddenly to Blus and get them out.

They'll need java programmers, they'll need to work out the assembly lines and get the discs to get them pressed. It's a lot of work and legal mumbo jumbo that's going to take a while to sort out.

It will happen, but give it some more time.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 AM

As long as I can buy Fast and the Furious 4 in HD im sold!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 AM

i want there will be blood and cloverfield! stupid HD had to go and die
Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM

lol. he said call your mom