No 15 16.67%
So So 25 27.78%
I don't watch DvD Anymore 8 8.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2008, 04:00 PM

Default After Watching Blu-Ray Do You Find Watching DvD Hard

Do you find it hard to watch dvd again after you have watched bluray
Old 04-01-2008, 04:04 PM

I find buying DVD's hard. I don't mind watching them from Netflix for pure rental material titles. I just always wish a Blu-ray was available most of the time because you can definitely tell the difference. There are actually some movies I saw in the theater already that I won't even bother renting on SD while I wait for a BD: There Will Be Blood is an example. No point for me until it's on Blu.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
I find buying DVD's hard. I don't mind watching them from Netflix for pure rental material titles. I just always wish a Blu-ray was available most of the time because you can definitely tell the difference. There are actually some movies I saw in the theater already that I won't even bother renting on SD while I wait for a BD: There Will Be Blood is an example. No point for me until it's on Blu.
I very much hope for the day when i can own 2000 Blu-Rays form a catalogue of titles 80,000 +
Old 04-01-2008, 04:17 PM

Deffinatly. it was hard enough for me to buy the mist on dvd... and i only bought it because nothing has been annoucned for a blu ray release at all... i wish weinsteen would speak up and tell us something. I dont understand why they are keeping so hush hush about releasing stuff now that blu ray is the clear HD format.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Watching a DVD is like watching VHS now. Watching a DVD just constantly nags at me and I can't help but think of how much better it would look in high-def.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
Watching a DVD is like watching VHS now. Watching a DVD just constantly nags at me and I can't help but think of how much better it would look in high-def.
I watched LA Confidential today on DvD and all i thought all the way through the movie was.

This would be so much better on Blu-Ray
Old 04-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Same here, renting is fine - buying is hard. In some cases where the BR transfer is poor - I'll buy the DVD (unless there isn't a large difference in cost, but there usually is since it's mostly catalog titles). The way I'd put it is this: Watching SDTV is Hard, watching DVD is fine, Watching HDTV is nice, and Watching a Blu-Ray with a great transfer is wonderful. As for VHS, I haven't watched one in years (before HD DVDs/Blu-Rays were even out) but I'm sure it would be the hardest - but hopefully I'll never have to find out.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Yep,, I just cant get over the difference.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I agree with this. I don't purchase DVD's anymore...unless it's rare films. Mostly obscure stuff that will probably never see the light of day on BD. I rent like crazy now...it's cutting back my spending by alot...not too mention I get to see more.

DVD's can still look good, and many do. However, I'm getting more fed up with films that have shitty transfers. I would love to see a new transfer for Murder On The Orient Express...it looks downright terrible, but the film itself is great.

Films are more then just "1080p images"...and if you cannot be sucked into a film because it's not in High Def...then you're just not liking the film.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Films are more then just "1080p images"...and if you cannot be sucked into a film because it's not in High Def...then you're just not liking the film.
Indeed. And I still like my DVD collection. (and VHS collection LOL). I see the difference, but I don't care all that much. I appreciate the film, not the medium.