Sweeney Todd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Sweeney Todd

Okay why can I swear I saw both DVD and BD release dates the same for this title, advertised just within the last week? I know it's Dreamworks, which would mean they're still in transition. But I swear. Maybe I was looking at the DVD and Special Edition DVD versions. Or was there an HD DVD version only recently nixed?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:15 PM

Unhappy Not yet!!

Much to my chagrin, the HD-DVD pre-release was cancelled--- as was my pre-order from Amazon. This all happened several weeks ago right after the Great Announcement!!
No further mention has been made of a BR release for "Sweeney," but I'm waiting patiently...... unless I just can't help myself and just HAVE to get the SD DVD 2-disc release of this incredible film!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by san View Post
Okay why can I swear I saw both DVD and BD release dates the same for this title, advertised just within the last week? I know it's Dreamworks, which would mean they're still in transition. But I swear. Maybe I was looking at the DVD and Special Edition DVD versions. Or was there an HD DVD version only recently nixed?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:33 PM

search function is your friend.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:27 PM

it's out on blu here in the UK, warner are releasing and we all know that means region ABC. haven't been able to find a list of extras, specs but warner have been good to us in the UK lately so i've got high hopes
Old 04-01-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo-chimera View Post
it's out on blu here in the UK, warner are releasing and we all know that means region ABC. haven't been able to find a list of extras, specs but warner have been good to us in the UK lately so i've got high hopes
It's already available in the UK?... I thought May 19th was the Blu-ray release date... Hmm, $36 shipped is tempting...
Old 04-01-2008, 01:35 PM

it doesnt come out in the uk till april, right?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar715 View Post
it doesnt come out in the uk till april, right?
That must be it. I must have seen a UK Blu release date. I'd gave bought it on HD DVD if they hadn't nixed it. Now the big question, buy on DVD and upconvert, or wait just wait for Blu? Or import I guess. Suppose I can just rent in the meantime and wait for Blu.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
It's already available in the UK?... I thought May 19th was the Blu-ray release date... Hmm, $36 shipped is tempting...
I'll buy it if you do, too? It'll be my first Blu-ray.