Enchanted Disc problem? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 AM

Default Enchanted Disc problem?

My wife and I started watching Enchanted tonight and we both noticed that during the movie it doesn't skip but tends to slow down at certain periods It's almost as if it jerks a little and then returns to normal speed play. It is not super noticeable, but it was enough to distract both my wife and I. It does this during the live action and not the animation sequences. I have a PS3 with the latest firmware if that matters. All the other blu-ray movies I own work just fine. Any ideas?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

I would exchange it, sounds like a faulty disc.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:13 AM

I just watched Enchanted on my up to date PS3 a couple nights ago and didn't have this problem or any problems at all.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 AM

I noticed that same problem on the SAMSUNG DUO with latest firmware. Then it freezes in ballroon scene at end. After second play through...no freezing. Anyone else notice the blip in the beginning of the live action part/
Old 04-01-2008, 01:24 AM

I have a PS3 (40GB) along with the movie Enchanted, and didn't experience any of the issues that you've described. I have the newest firmware update as well. My guess would be it's the actual disc itself, much like Spartan said (since you said other discs work fine with your configuration).
Old 04-01-2008, 09:36 AM

I'm not having that issue, but I'm having a couple of other problems. At random places in the film, the audio drops out, just for a split second. It first happens about 5 minutes into it. Then, it might do it again four minutes later, or maybe 30 minutes later. When I rewind to the same spot, though, the audio drops don't repeat. So it never happens at the same place twice.

Also, I'm having problems with the D-Files feature. It's all fine and dandy until the first question pops up. After I answer it, it won't leave the screen. The movie keeps playing in the background, but that first question just stays there, preventing me from further participating in the game.

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD30. I called both Disney and Panasonic, yesterday. Disney suggested that a firmware upgrade was probably necessary. Panasonic said that I was the first to call with this specific problem. They took all my info, and such, but said that, unless others called, they couldn't help me.

Anyone else (particularly with this player) having these issues? I'm not sure whether to blame the disc, the player, or the receiver (please, God, not the receiver). Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks, everybody!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Started to watch it again and I also noticed the audio dropouts.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andunn28 View Post
Started to watch it again and I also noticed the audio dropouts.
Have you tried the D-Files feature?

Last edited by kingoflatveria; 04-01-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Error.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 PM

No, but I will try this when I get home tonight.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Watched it on the weekend on my PS3 with latest firmware...

Ran perfectly