'Epic Conditions' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 PM
PeterB

Default 'Epic Conditions' -- pre-release buzz

Newcomer Madacy has marked a May 13 debut for the sports-themed series 'Epic Conditions' on Blu-ray:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/epicconditions.html

Presented on two BD-50 discs, the complete 575-minute series will be presented in 1080 video, though no audio details as of yet.

Extras include ten bonus episodes of the Weather Channel series "Weather Ventures."

MSRP is $29.98.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 PM

I thought this was HDD's April Fool's joke, but apparently this is a real title on Amazon.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM

Looking for opinions on this. Curious as to how this was filmed and what the quality on BD is. May be worth looking into.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:03 PM

I saw this at Best Buy today! It was $30. I was interested in all of the footage you get at that price, but I was still a little unclear as to exactly WHAT it is. It looks like 10 episodes of crazy sports in different parts of the world. And then 10 episodes of weather conditions and what cause them around the world.

It looked something like that to me. I am a sucker for HD Documentaries. I cannot wait to hear impressions of this. Peace.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:32 PM

"Weater Ventures" which was a series is in standard definiton and I believe there are 10 episodes included.

The other part in HD was also a series "Epic Conditions" and is sports undertakings in ideal weather conditions from what I've read.

Sounds promising. I'm trying to get some info from HDTV programming forums to see if they like it and how the pQ is for the HD part of this release.

Last edited by robertc88; 05-21-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 PM

It says it's like 9 hours of footage. I think I'm going to pick it up. There are other Blu-rays I'd rather have right now, but I'm very intrigued.

Also interesting that this web site and Amazon both say that this title has been pushed back until August. We received like 7 copies or so which are out on the shelf, and our website still says May 20th as the release date. Strange...
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRescue View Post
It says it's like 9 hours of footage. I think I'm going to pick it up. There are other Blu-rays I'd rather have right now, but I'm very intrigued.

Also interesting that this web site and Amazon both say that this title has been pushed back until August. We received like 7 copies or so which are out on the shelf, and our website still says May 20th as the release date. Strange...
I totally passed over this thinking that it was a cheap TV title from Echo.!
I very interested as well.
Dying to get a review. This would be great next to Step Into Liquid!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:25 PM

Yeah a solid review and I'd pick this up possibly tomorrow. I'm wondering if it'll get pulled back since it's not supposed to be out.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdamention View Post
I saw this at Best Buy today! It was $30. I was interested in all of the footage you get at that price, but I was still a little unclear as to exactly WHAT it is. It looks like 10 episodes of crazy sports in different parts of the world. And then 10 episodes of weather conditions and what cause them around the world.

It looked something like that to me. I am a sucker for HD Documentaries. I cannot wait to hear impressions of this. Peace.
GO GET IT!! Its pushed back to August on here and on Amazon!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:16 AM

My understanding reading posts on other forums is that the BD was released before the SD DVD which BTW is 5 discs and the latter will not be on the shelf till August.

Before I spend my bucks at Best Buy who has it in stock in most every location in my area when I did a zip code check for availability, I need to read opinions on the quality of this!