Blu Ray Transfers Getting Better All The Time - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Blu-Ray Transfers Getting Better
Yes 23 69.70%
No 3 9.09%
A Little 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2008, 08:19 PM

Default Blu Ray Transfers Getting Better All The Time

I don't no about you guys but i think bluray transfers are getting better all the time now.

What do you think
Old 03-28-2008, 09:06 PM

Hard to say with much precision, but after viewing a few launch titles not long ago, they're certainly better than that nowadays. Not much of a surprise, since that's the way it's worked with every home video format so far.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 PM

I think it would be accurate to say "a little". It's not all one way or the other. There are still transfers that disappoint and some are beginning to dazzle -- like No Country for Old Men and I Robot.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarvin View Post
I think it would be accurate to say "a little". It's not all one way or the other. There are still transfers that disappoint and some are beginning to dazzle -- like No Country for Old Men and I Robot.
Very true. Good examples with I Robot and NCFOM. Enchanted and I Am Legend are other stellar transfers as well.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Part of the problem in judging this is that most of the launch titles were so bad that of course anything current will look vastly better.

Blu-ray quality stabilized around the end of 2006 and has been pretty consistent ever since. Beyond that, if there aren't any obvious artifacts or deficiencies, you really can't compare the transfers of completely different movies and draw conclusions about the format as a whole.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.