Okay... so where is "Walk The Line" on Blu? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-28-2008, 03:15 AM

Default Okay... so where is "Walk The Line" on Blu?

I see that Fox released yet another edition of "Walk The Line" on DVD this week in the Extended 2 disc edition. Is there any rumors as to when we might finally see this title hit on Bluray? This might be one of the few titles to really get me to jump to being Purple.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:22 AM

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=49790

Probably coming this year.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:22 AM

OP, you must have missed all the announcements this week. Sounds like it's taking a little longer for the BD, kinda like when they did the re-release of Wall Street. The BD didn't come 'til several months after. Hopefully they do a better job on Walk the Line though.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 AM

I nearly feel like double-dipping for the Walk The Line Extended Cut. Only problem is is that I know it has been announced for Blu Ray.

As Yoda said, "Patience, you must learn patience."

I cant' wait for this Blu Ray release. And it better be for the extended cut.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:53 AM

Well I must have little patience. I ended up getting the extended edition via eBay for $10 after shipping. Well worth picking up for $10 just to have the vast majority of the deleted scenes along with the extended music numbers back in the film. My only complaint is how the scene that went further into Johnny's bad days as an salesman somehow did not get put back in. I haven't watched the few new extras on this edition yet since I own the original 2 disc edition.

Picture looks great for SD-DVD. Same quality as the theatrical cut so if you are happy with how it looks there then you'll be happy with the extended cut in terms of the picture. Added scenes match up to the film itself since more than likely the scenes were simply cut near the end of production. I've only watched the film on DVD via the DTS 5.1 track which sounds great. Lots - and I mean lots of dynamics to the mix. Not the greatest surround mix but it does the job when it needs to be. Most of the back channel use is for crowd noise during music numbers and occasional sound effects. Otherwise most of the movie is pretty much dialog based.

This should make for one great Bluray once it comes out. However the DVD release is damn good in its own right. If you can get this for $10 to tide you over until the Bluray release I'd go for it (unless if Netflix carries this). I know I'll be buying this once again when it does hit Blu since I'm very confident that we'll get the extended cut on Blu.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:41 AM

If I can get it for around that price I need to pick it up. I love the film, and I don't have a Blu-ray player in my bedroom anyways. So I'll get use out of the SD DVD, especially now.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post
I see that Fox released yet another edition of "Walk The Line" on DVD this week in the Extended 2 disc edition. Is there any rumors as to when we might finally see this title hit on Bluray? This might be one of the few titles to really get me to jump to being Purple.

Thanks.
Well for now you got Walk Hard on Blu-ray the comedy version of Walk the Line if that suits you.