Indie Vanguard Going Blu - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-26-2008, 06:55 PM

Default Indie Vanguard Going Blu

Indie Vanguard has confirmed that it will close out its HD DVD support with the June release of 'Disco Pigs,' and will begin releasing titles on Blu-ray later this year.

An official statement has not yet been released, but the company has released an updated high-def release schedule that confirms they will no longer issue any new titles on HD DVD following the June 24 release of the Cillian Murphy-starrer 'Disco Pigs.'
Old 03-27-2008, 01:21 PM

Fantastic news! More Blu!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 PM

They're dropping like flies it seems.

14 releases left of which 10 are from Warner.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:40 PM

I wouldn't get too excited. I have one DVD from this company ('Sudden Manhattan'), and it has got to be one of the worst-looking DVDs I've ever seen that's not actually a bootleg. When you're editing a film, you'll digitize all of the raw footage at a very low resolution (usually 20:1) in order to fit it all on your drives, and it's a blocky, overcompressed mess; that's pretty much exactly what this looked like, and I suspect that's what it actually was. And it was pan & scanned, and none too well. I guess 'Channels' wasn't a great proving ground to see how Vanguard handles high def, but I can only hope they've improved.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM

personally it's kind of surprising they would even announce this. I mean Toshiba has pulled the plug so it goes without saying that ALL red supporters are finishing up and going Blu.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:20 PM

Another Studio I could give two craps for.

Wait let me show some sarcasm.....

Holy Crap, Vanguard is finally going Blu!!! This studio is responsable for such great classics like........emm.......ummmm, well it's great that Studio finally turned to Blu.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgesp View Post
Another Studio I could give two craps for.

Wait let me show some sarcasm.....

Holy Crap, Vanguard is finally going Blu!!! This studio is responsable for such great classics like........emm.......ummmm, well it's great that Studio finally turned to Blu.
oh oh my god! yay! youre so awesome! thanks for bringing a thread back that was a month ago.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkalinesi View Post
oh oh my god! yay! youre so awesome! thanks for bringing a thread back that was a month ago.
Thanks for being a poo poo head.