"Unbreakable" review... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-24-2008, 10:17 AM

Default "Unbreakable" review...

Review for "Unbreakable" is up.

CC
Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM

Why does he keep calling him "M. Knight?" It's not "Knight," it's "Night." If he misses this little detail on a name, how can I trust him to catch details in a movie?

Anyway, I'm psyched about this movie. This is storytelling at its finest (aside from, of course, "Lady in the Water"). But then, it's M. Night we're talking about. I'll be so happy when I finally have this in my hands. Even happer when it's in my PS3.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluAngel View Post

Anyway, I'm psyched about this movie. This is storytelling at its finest (aside from, of course, "Lady in the Water"). But then, it's M. Night we're talking about. I'll be so happy when I finally have this in my hands. Even happer when it's in my PS3.
Ditto, this film's got quite a cult following now
Shame the Uk release is after the US release but we do get Signs first

Nice review, seems as though the picture isnt amazing but as good as it could look.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:06 PM

The reviewer knocked down the transfer for dust and scratches, but given the awesome job Disney did for their transfers of even older films like The Rock and Con-Air, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't bother to clean the print of Unbreakable.

I'm buying this regardless, but given the amateurish review, I'm holding out hope of a better transfer than he gave it credit for.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 PM

May get this one. I liked it...just dont know if it is worth owning.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:41 PM

Yeah this is good enough on DVD for me....just not enough replay value imo.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonian View Post
The reviewer knocked down the transfer for dust and scratches, but given the awesome job Disney did for their transfers of even older films like The Rock and Con-Air, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't bother to clean the print of Unbreakable.

I'm buying this regardless, but given the amateurish review, I'm holding out hope of a better transfer than he gave it credit for.
The Rock and Con-Air were on triasate film. Unbreakable was polyester film. Polyester film is harder to break and doesn't degrade as fast the trade off is static electricity which means more dust on films which needs cleaning more often hence scratches. Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
Yeah this is good enough on DVD for me....just not enough replay value imo.
Agreed. I am not going to double dip on this one.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:52 PM

I'll definitely be taking the double-dip for this one. An incredible story with excellent performances and all the better in HD!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:17 PM

This movie was fantastic, very original to me. I was desperate to watch it again and when I did I was bored out of my mind. I felt like there was so much more potential for the actors that wasn't being realized. I know it was Night's intent as his style blankets all of his movies with that same quiet, tense, emotional, and eerie feeling with nearly every scene but this movie would benefit with a little nudge to move it a long at a steadier pace IMO.