Les Miserables concert - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 PM

Default Les Miserables concert

Anyone know if the 10th anniversary of Les Mis is ever coming to bluray? They showed it on tv a long time ago.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:55 PM

Haven't heard anything, but I'd like to upgrade my DVD as well.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcity2005 View Post
Anyone know if the 10th anniversary of Les Mis is ever coming to bluray? They showed it on tv a long time ago.
Hi, Les Miz fans.

Something tells me that the 10th Anniversary Les Miz is not going to be a Blu-Ray release anytime soon. There is a review currently (I think on the Hi-Def Digest site) of a recently-released new edition of the 10th-anniversary concert. It has only the Dolby Digital soundtrack (doesn't include the DTS track that was on a separate DTS release of the original) and the reviewer said that it was fine but that there was no need to upgrade.

That being said, I'd love to see it (with DTS track) released on Blu-Ray!!! What a great, great show and what an inspiring event!!

Wonder what the producers are kicking up for the 21st Anniversary in London (I think it's this year!!!) Maybe that will be our Blu-Ray treat!!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:49 PM

They're doing Chess In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall in May with Josh Groban, Kerry Ellis (Current Wicked Star On West End) and Idina Menzel.

Hope they record that.

But Les Mis would be nice nice nice to see and hear in Hi Def

A Heaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrt fulllllll of lovvvvvvveeeeeee..........
Old 03-23-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
Something tells me that the 10th Anniversary Les Miz is not going to be a Blu-Ray release anytime soon. There is a review currently (I think on the Hi-Def Digest site) of a recently-released new edition of the 10th-anniversary concert. It has only the Dolby Digital soundtrack (doesn't include the DTS track that was on a separate DTS release of the original) and the reviewer said that it was fine but that there was no need to upgrade.
I just did a quick check, and I think I'm going to upgrade my dvd. The original 'Dream Cast' dvd is 1.33:1, whereas the new disc is supposed to be 1.78:1. That would be nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
Wonder what the producers are kicking up for the 21st Anniversary in London (I think it's this year!!!) Maybe that will be our Blu-Ray treat!!
THAT would be nice! Perhaps the full show, and I wonder how many Valjeans they can get this time.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:56 PM

I still think that shows should be recorded on there closing night, there've been so many good noes that jus disappear.....

Little Women.
Sunset Blvd (Set for a movie next year)
Always.

Woulda loved a DVD of Wicked with Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel.