Anyone eagerly waiting for American Gangster? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Default Anyone eagerly waiting for American Gangster?

Anyone looking to get this title when it comes out for Blu? Hopefully the extended is also included in HD. I almost bit on the $17 HD-DVD combo disc at Wally World. But then I came to my senses.

I have only 7 HD-DVDs, no need to grow.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:40 PM

Ah get it.. Its a great movie. who cares what format its on.. i mean its still 1080P so why not?

Also check game x changes. i found a copy there for 12.95

and local Hollywood video's and Movie galleries also have had these for 10 dollars. as well as blockbuster and hastings..
Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 PM

I have it on HD DVD, but if it were released on Blu-ray I'd probably sell my copy and pick up the new one. Chances are it will have the extended cut in high def, and if I can ultimately get my collection down to one format, I'm all for it.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRescue View Post
I have it on HD DVD, but if it were released on Blu-ray I'd probably sell my copy and pick up the new one. Chances are it will have the extended cut in high def, and if I can ultimately get my collection down to one format, I'm all for it.
I would do the same, I hate combo discs with a passion.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 PM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

the whole reason why they didnt include the extended cut on the hd side is that it was done the same way universal did the ray dvd release a few years ago and fox did with the extended scenes being put into xmen a few years back, the extended cuts are simply the movie with the deleted scenes placed in the movie at the points they were deleted at. they did no clean up of the extended scenes and its very noticable when the scenes transition to the extended stuff from the theatrical.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER View Post
the whole reason why they didnt include the extended cut on the hd side is that it was done the same way universal did the ray dvd release a few years ago and fox did with the extended scenes being put into xmen a few years back, the extended cuts are simply the movie with the deleted scenes placed in the movie at the points they were deleted at. they did no clean up of the extended scenes and its very noticable when the scenes transition to the extended stuff from the theatrical.
You know Ridley Scott really hates that with his movies, and usually gets creative control on media release, if not initially. See his Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:47 AM

I got AG on HD DVD for $10. I'm glad I didn't pay full price because I wasn't crazy about it. It's not bad, but it didn't tickle my fancy either.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBLUie View Post
Anyone looking to get this title when it comes out for Blu? Hopefully the extended is also included in HD. I almost bit on the $17 HD-DVD combo disc at Wally World. But then I came to my senses.

I don't understand why you don't just get it and enjoy it?? NOW is the time to get em while they're cheap. HD is HD no matter what format it is on.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBLUie View Post

Yes. The HD DVD edition was not very good PQ and AQ wise. I hope that a BD50 release would give it high bitrate audio and video, and at least lossless audio.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Wasn't hugely fond of the movie. Maybe something I'd pick up in a great sale, but only if they included the special features this time.