I Am Legend: Directors Cut Ideas Thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-21-2008, 05:59 PM

Default I Am Legend: Directors Cut Ideas Thread

Here is my perfect I Am Legend Disk

AVC/VC-1 encoded
Dolby TruHD/PCM Uncompressed 5.1

Fully Extended Directors Cut including full Bridge Distruction scene that we all saw in the trailer, we have all seen more deleted segments online.

IME Visual Directors Commentary: Walk through the film with Director Francis Lawrence and see what it took to put together this bleak vision of the near future.

Feature Length Director and Actor Audio Commentary: Scene Specific commentary with Director Francis Lawrence and star Will Smith.

Additional Deleted Scenes with commentary by Director Francis Lawrence(HD)

Feature Length Documentary on the Making of I Am Legend covering story, pre-production, filming, post-production, and release(HD)

The Science of I Am Legend: Exploring the possibility and reality of viral infections and global pandemics(HD)

I Am Legend Digital Comics(HD)

Poster Gallary

Teaser Trailer(HD)
Theatrical Trailer(HD)
TV Spots(HD)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion the alternate ending is the better ending including the credits going strait into James Newton Howards great score, but a little more time with Will smith by himself would lend more to his lonelyness. The bridge destruction sequence is one of the most expensive scenes ever shot and there is more shots in the trailer than the movie, show us how bad the out break really was.

Feel free to chime in with ideas ones that make since will be added to my list
Old 03-23-2008, 12:08 AM

no other ideas, come on people chime in. List known deleted scenes
Old 03-23-2008, 12:18 AM

I want a commentary track with Fred.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:18 AM

I think there were enough special features on this BD.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:31 AM

werent that many, main thing i want is to know i have the directors cut
Old 03-23-2008, 01:49 AM

I'd only want a Directors Cut if it were actually that, as in, at least 20 minutes of added footage. The only other special feature they "need" is commentary with Will, the director and maybe a few others. I don't see this happening, though.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:54 AM

I just thought of a cool feature that could be done on BD. Frequently movies included deleted scenes but don't actually integrate them into the film. Wouldn't it be cool if you check off which deleted scenes you want to see and then hit 'Play Movie' and see them integrated right into the film via seamless branching? That way, you create your own director's cut!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
I just thought of a cool feature that could be done on BD. Frequently movies included deleted scenes but don't actually integrate them into the film. Wouldn't it be cool if you check off which deleted scenes you want to see and then hit 'Play Movie' and see them integrated right into the film via seamless branching? That way, you create your own director's cut!
That's an interesting idea... hell... why not with the entire movie. That way I could cut out 95% of Episode 1-3 of Star Wars and have it all resumed in a 25 minutes trailer.